Chapter 10🐸

They were now at the Uchiha residence, the other members of team hebi included. They had been sitting by the doorstep, waiting for their leader to arrive. Now they all (minus Boruto and Konohamaru)sat in the Uchihas living room, drinking tea.

"............and now they're here." Sakura finished explaining to Sasuke who replied with a small nod.

"It was probably a closing portal that reacted to his chakra since it's the same as mine," he pointed towards his younger counterpart, whose knee bounced anxiously.

Sasuke moved to stand, "I'll take them back now." A hand on his shoulder pushed him back unto the couch.

"Absolutely not. Your chakra reserves are too low, you won't be able to. You need to rest." Sakura stopped him leaving no room for argument.

"You still need to give me your report teme," Naruto inputted which earned him a glare from Sakura.

"And he'll do it tomorrow," she rebutted with a tight smile.

Naruto shook his head amused before rising from his seat and stretching. "Well you heard the lady, tomorrow it is. Let's go then." He directed the last part towards the team hebi members. Karin whose dreamy gaze was shifting between the two Sasukes let out a disappointed huff before heading towards Jugo and Suigetsu who were already at the door.

A click sounded when the door closed signaling their guest had left.

"Are you okay," it was Sarada who had asked. Her question was directed towards her father's fidgeting younger self.

"Sarada, why don't you go freshen up while I finish dinner, so these two can have a conversation," Sakura interrupted.

Sarada stared worriedly at the increasingly fidgeting Sasuke before nodding hesitantly and leaving as told. Once they were sure she was gone, he blew up. He rose in a huff, slamming his hands on the table earning a cringe from Sakura.

"Ok I've done my waiting, no one here will tell me what I want to know because apparently, it's not their place but you're here now so tell me. Did I accomplish my life goal?" The younger Sasuke yelled in anger, his sharingan flaring to life.

Present Sasuke stared at him with a hard expression before taking a deep breath, "Yes you did. Itachi Uchiha is dead," a tinge of sadness managed to leak into his voice as he spoke his brother's name. His younger self however didn't notice as he was in his head.

'I did it. I killed him. I've avenged them.'

The thought filled him with an overwhelming sense of satisfaction, which didn't last because as his sharingan deactivated so did the feeling. It dissolved into nothingness, outweighed by the feeling of a dread that settled in the pit of his stomach. It was this moment his mind chose to remind him of his conversation with Kakashi before he defected, but he ignored it and simply focused on the fact that he did it.

"You don't seem happy about it," Sakura interrupted his thoughts.

"I'm not looking for happy," he replied with a scowl.

"Everyone's looking for happy," she smiled slightly before patting his head and heading towards the kitchen. "You guys should go freshen up."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sakura finished making dinner quickly before heading upstairs to take her shower. She entered her bedroom to see her husband fast asleep. The sight caused a smile to form on her face.

Quietly, as to not wake her husband, she headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Sasuke woke instantly when he felt a light tap on his cheek. He opened his eyes to see his wife standing at his bedside, hand on his cheek. He reached up and tugged her hand, pulling her onto the bed with him. With his hand wrapped around her waist, he pulled her into a deep kiss.