➳45

But friends don't look at friends that way~

One week of examination had passed already and today was a holiday given to the students to rest after studying hard and giving their exams

One week of examination had passed already and today was a holiday given to the students to rest after studying hard and giving their exams. Yumi was sitting outside on a wooden bench under a tree whose leaves had started to turn into shades of orange and yellow. She was reading a fantasy story book concentratedly when a boy approached her and said, "Hi!"

The girl looked up and saw the familiar eyesmile which never failed to make her smile. "Oh Jeno!"

Seeing her bejng happy to see him, made him feel that same fluttering feeling again. He took a seat beside her and leaned on the bench. "I have something to tell you..."

Yumi looked at him with tilted head. "What?"

Jeno took a deep breath and prepared himself to say. "I know everything."

"Huh? What are you talk-"

"That... you like Mark." Jeno gazed into her eyes, still feeling a lot of pain just by looking at her face.

Her pupils were shaking, being shocked that someone else found her secret. She soon covered her surprised face with a fake laugh and slapped his arm lightly. "You are kidding me right?"

"No you told me.... in Neo Island.... when you were drunk."

She looked away and facepalmed herself. 'Was I out of my mind?'

"Don't need to be embarrassed", he said with a straight face.

The older girl faced him. "But Jeno-"

"I actually want you to confess." Those words rolled out of his tongue.

WHAT?!?! Are you joking?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"No. Confess to Mark. I want that."

"But why?"

"That way you will know if he likes you or not."

"But I'm scared. What if-"

"Overcome your fear and you will find peace. If you confess and he likes you too, then everything will be perfect and you guys will have a happy ending. But let's say if he doesn't like you back-"

"There will be a sad ending." She looked down with a frown.

The male shook his head. "No. You will still get a happy ending."