Chapter 7

"Sherry, how are you? I heard about the brawl in the party last night." Marcie asked as soon as she spotted Sherlyn in the corridors.

"I am fine, but Nick isn't." Sherlyn said sadly.

"I am sorry, I hope he gets well soon." Marcie said as they entered the class room. "How did you reach home last night?" She questioned.

"That..umm..." Sherlyn stuttered not knowing what to answer since Marcie warned her to stay away from Ardeth.

"Good Morning class." Professor Ashford greeted making Sherlyn sigh in relief but her happiness was short-lived.

"Good Morning Professor." Ardeth greeted standing by the door dressed in blue shirt and ripped jeans, his messy dark hair dancing on his forehead.

"Mr.Sky." Professor Ashford greeted in surprise, "Wow, I am privileged to have you in the class after a longtime." He said sarcastically.

"Well, I can't say the same." Ardeth smiled  making the Professor go red in embarassment and anger as wolf whistles erupted in the class.

"Silence." Professor Ashford's voice boomed and Ardeth couldn't careless as he lazily sauntered towards the back benches, tapping his fingers on Sherlynn's bench for a brief second.

"Hey man." Temba fist bumped Ardeth as he made space for Ardeth to sit beside him.

Sherlyn discreetly turned around to look at Ardeth and found him watching her sitting in his place with legs lazily stretched.

He winked at Sherlyn making her take in a sharp breathe and turn around. The rest of the class, Sherlyn didn't dare to turn around even though she occasionally heard some bored sighs and grunts.

And when the class was finsihed Sherlyn grabbed her bag and hurriedly walked away with Marcie.

"See you in the evening." Sherlyn said to Marcie and began to walk to her literature class. "Ah.." she squealed when suddenly she was pulled into one of the empty classrooms.

"Stop making noise." Ardeth said as he leaned back with his leg lifted and pressed against the door.

"Why did you pull me in here?" Sherlyn demanded getting angry for scaring her and ordering her not to make noise.

"Because I am getting bored." Ardeth replied cooly as he searched his pockets and pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

"What do I have anything to with what you are feeling?" Sherlyn asked exasperated.

"Aren't you the one who said college is fun, exams are here, blah..blah..., I followed your advice and I am getting bored, you are going to keep my company, so that I don't feel bored alone."

"Are you serious! I have class starting in five minutes." Sherlyn said throwing her hands in air.

"Great." Ardeth said as he lit his cigarette holding it between his lips, "It takes four minutes for me to smoke, if you keep my company till then I will let you go."

Sherlyn had no way but to agree since he was leaning against the door, blocking her way and she had no other way to escape.

"Want one?" Ardeth asked as he offered a cigar to Sherlyn, who stood infront of him playing with the strap of her bag.

"No." Sherlyn shook her head.

Ardeth sighed and continued smoking as Sherlyn quietly observed him. Ardeth raised his brow at Sherlyn as he caught her watching him.

"Smoking is injurious to health." Sherlyn said quietly.

"So is giving unnecessary advice." Ardeth replied back blowing out the smoke.