Chapter 24

Xander dragged Alison out of the dinner followed by Damien and Hunter. Alison was scared a bit. Although surprisingly his hold was gentle, Xander was unpredictable. He could kill her the next moment for all she knew.

Once near the car, Damien opened a door for her. "Get in." said Xander and she hopped in obediently. The other three quickly joined her and soon Xander drove out of the dinner's parking lot. They were so engrossed in their own thoughts that didn't see two black sedans following them slowly.

"Alie, why your phone is off?" asked Hunter worriedly after some minutes of silence. "We had to ask Rich to track your necklace."

Alison didn't answer. Her hand was in pain from her tight grip on the door. Xander was once again driving like a maniac, breaking every law of driving. She closed her eyes tightly and let out a small squeal as he suddenly changed the line he was driving at and pulled into another highway.

Damien saw her and quickly turned to Xander. "Xander, slow down." he said. "You are scaring her."

To her surprise, Xander slowed down the car and began to drive at normal speed. "Just turn on your phone now." growled Xander trying his best to control his anger. The way her friends had talked to him had pissed him off. But what bothered him the most was the fact that they were right.

"I'm sorry." mumbled Alison as she fished her phone out of her pocket and turned it on. 

"Never turn it off again when you are out of home, Alison." said Damien strictly. "Everyone was worried when you didn't pick any calls."

Just then Alison's phone went on. In her haste, she didn't check the name and received the call. "Hello. It's Alison." she said.

"ALISON FUCKING HARRIS!" someone yelled on the other side of the line and Alison flinched and kept the phone away from her ear. But the voice sent shivers down her spine. She knew that voice well. 

"Alex." she whispered but everyone in the car heard her. 

"WHAT?????" yelled three voices together. 

"Don't tell me it's fucking Alex West." growled Damien.

"WHY THE FUCK YOU WEREN'T ANSWERING MY DAMN CALLS? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WAS I WORRIED FOR YOU??" shouted Alex from the other side of the line. His voice was so loud that the boys heard him clearly.

"Don't fucking shout at my sister." shouted Hunter while leaning onto Alison's phone trying to snatch it from her.

Just then something happened. "Damien." said Xander alert looking through the rearview mirror while increasing his speed. "We are being followed."

Damien quickly looked from his mirror and saw the two black cars which were speeding toward them. What he saw next made his heart skip a bit. "GET DOWN!" he shouted.

Abruptly the sound of shootings went off and the back window shattered into pieces. Alison screamed in fright as Hunter quickly pulled her down and covered her body with his. Broken pieces of glass rained on them. Alison could hear Alex screaming her name through her phone which had fallen on the floor, but all she could do was to cover her ears and close her eyes tightly. Her heart was jumping out of her chest and she was shivering.

Suddenly she felt Hunter moving on top of her and opened her eyes only for them to grow wide from what she saw. Hunter had a gun in his hand. His face was stone cold and his eyes were shining from determination and fury.

"Hunter, cover the car on the left." shouted Damien from the passenger seat and Alison screamed as the sound of a gun went off in the car. Damien was shooting the attackers from his window.