4-♫-Turning Pages

Chapter 4

It was too warm.

            That was the first thought I had.

            The heated air sends prickles of discomfort through me and it’s almost hard to breath.

            Twitching, I attempted to rotate onto my right but something fettered my arms, immobilizing me.

            My eyes snap open.

            Taking in the white, stripped clean hospital room and the wheeling machine that looked a bit like Plankton’s wife in SpongeBob, I turn my head.

            Crap.

            Teegan’s arms are scooping me from behind, my back pressed snugly against his toned and firm chest.

            Oh my- oh my- oh my-

            I squeeze my eyes shut. I was going to wake up from this dream. Any moment now…like right now….

            Nothing.

            Teegan grunts a bit in his sleep when I accidently elbow him in the ribs, but he pulls me tighter to him, his face buried in my neck.

            I rest my hands on his and stare up at the ceiling.

            I was so inconsiderate. He was probably tired and sore from sitting in that chair.

            Groaning, I sneak a peak at teegan.

            His firm jaw is set and his prominent cheekbones create an ethereal look that surrounds him.

            He was one of those guys that you saw and looked away thinking, “man, that guy is attractive” but there were no words to really describe Teegan.

            Gently prying one arm free, I trace a line with my finger from the center of his brow, stopping just at the edge of his soft lips. Drawing an invisible, artful path with my finger, I run it over his smooth face.

            My heart flutters and I feel the rational part of me screaming at me.

            I just met him. I didn’t know him. How could I feel so…so weird already? Blaming it on all the drugs that have been administered to me, I try to push the unfamiliar feeling away.

            Retracting my hand I sigh. I wanted to go home.

            I wanted to snuggle up in bed with my stuffed penguin while eating banana cheerios.

            I wanted to go home.

            “You know if you keep sighing, your going to kill brain cells,” a deep, husky voice from just waking up says.

            My eyes widen and I clench my fists in a reflex of surprise.

            Bad idea.

            Realizing that I’m clutching him to me, I quickly release my hands and struggle to get out of his arms, avoiding eye contact.

            “That’s stupid. You can’t lose brain cells just from sighing,” I retort, nervously.

            Teegan tightens his arms, crushing my back to him. His piercing eyes silencing my protest as he rests his chin on my head.