▪ Chapter 12 (Liar and Its Lies) ▪

The police officers walked out with a deep sigh. 

     The first one commented, "We've gotten all the information we need. Thank you. There are no charges as he admitted that he had tried to attack her first."

     Katsuki stood up suddenly, burning hatred in his eyes, "He's lying! Even if he isn't, there was only a scratch on her- one that I gave her- he didn't even lay a finger on her while he had to be put in the E.R.! Isn't there a difference between self-defense and attempted murder?!"

     The man scowled, "Look, boy. It's no longer your concern."

     Mitsuki urged her son to sit down, but she was anything but happy at the news. 

     However, Katsuki just rushed into the room, spotting a smiling Izuku on the hospital bed. 

     "Why did you lie?!" Katsuki shouted, but Izuku didn't even flinch. He kept on smiling at the plethora of flowers that were placed near his bed. 

     When Izuku didn't answer, Katsuki shouted again, "Answer me! Why?!"

     Izuku's smile grew wider, "Kacchan, there's no need to yell."

     Katsuki's demeanor changed in a heart beat, "You- You lied. I know you did. You would never hurt that witch even if you wanted to. You're too kind for that."

     Izuku ignored his comments, "Thank you for the flowers, Kacchan. They're beautiful. Luck, hope, peace, strength, beauty, love, love, love, love, love, love, and love. I used to be super into flowers when I was little." Izuku giggled from the last batch of flowers that all meant the same thing, "I love you, too, Kacchan."

     Tears ran down Katsuki's cheeks as he hugged Izuku, "Why did you lie...?"

     Izuku's smile broke into a watery one, "A-Ah, well, you already know."

     He did, and that's what Katsuki hated. When Katsuki had said earlier that he would never hurt Hisako even if he had tried, it explained it.

     "I swear you're too sweet for her," Katsuki whispered in his ear. "She doesn't deserve you. I don't think anyone deserves you."

     Izuku smiled, a real, real smile. One that wasn't masked like it usually was. It made Katsuki's heart warm when he realized that it was directed at him and only him. 

. o O o . 

     Izuku was back at home, like regular days. He was discharged from the hospital a few days ago, and Hisako had been..... extra Hisako lately. 

     Izuku's room was moved into the attic. It was by far smaller, but Inko insisted that Izuku stay as far as possible from Hisako until she got over Izuku's face being a trigger. It was particularly difficult because there were no stairs or elevators to help him get up there. There was a ladder, so Izuku usually needed to crawl-climb up, trying not to use his legs.

      He wasn't allowed to go anywhere, and his online classes were hard to catch up on when the internet in the attic was very slow and glitchy. 

     He wasn't allowed to eat anything in the fridge or cabinets as they were for Hisako's conditions, and his phone was taken away. 

     Still, Katsuki managed to talk to him every night by sneaking in through the attic's window. How he got up there was a mystery for Izuku, but he didn't mind as long as Katsuki was with him. 

     "So, has your mom allowed you to go out of the house yet?" Katsuki asked one night after the two sat on Izuku's mattress. 

     Izuku shook his head, "No, but she allows me to go on campus now. the professor got really frustrated that my assignments were all late..." Izuku said timidly, playing with the hem of the sheets.