Chapter-26

(It is a pleasant day today, and it's Diwali tomorrow

(It is a pleasant day today, and it's Diwali tomorrow. It's 09:00 AM, and Riya comes down to the hall to see Neyonika and Raj having tea.)

Riya- Good morning, Mom and Dad.

Neyonika (busy on her phone)- Hmm.

(Riya sighs as Raj keeps reading his newspaper and starts leaving from there when Neyonika stops her.)

Neyonika- Suno Riya.

[Neyonika- Riya, listen.]

Riya- Ji.

[Riya- Yes.]

Neyonika- Kal Diwali hai, and it's your first one with us. Kal kaafi friends and relatives ghar aayenge so I want you to arrange everything for them. You will manage all the decors, food, gifts, and everything else. Clear?

[Neyonika- It's Diwali tomorrow, and it's your first one with us. Many friends and relatives will come home tomorrow, so I want you to arrange everything for them. You will manage all the decors, food, gifts, and everything else. Clear?]

(Before Riya can reply, Cabir comes there and joins the conversation.)

Cabir- And I will also help bhabhi with that. We will get everything done.

Raj- Ye sab karna uska kaam hai Cabir. Vo iss ghar ki bahu hai.

[Raj- It is her work to do Cabir. She is the daughter-in-law of this house.]

(Manik answers Raj on this, coming down the stairs, buttoning his blazer.)

Manik- Iss ghar ki bahu to aap ki wife bhi hai Mr Malhotra. To saara kaam meri wife kyu karegi?

[Manik- Your wife is the daughter-in-law of this house, Mr Malhotra. Then why will only my wife do all the work?]

Raj- Tumse behes karne ka to koyi fayda hi nahi hai Manik. Tum sunte kahan ho kisi ki.

[Raj- There's no use in arguing with you, Manik. I don't remember you listening to anyone else.]

Manik- And continuing that now too, Riya and I have some important work to do. So we need to leave directly after breakfast. Till then, Cabir will take care of everything, and Riya will join him later. Right, Cabir?

Cabir- Ji Bhai.

[Cabir- Yes bro.]

Manik- Great. Your Bhabhi will join you in the afternoon.