Chapter-28

(Manik brings Riya out to the garden to an isolated area and makes her sit on the bench

(Manik brings Riya out to the garden to an isolated area and makes her sit on the bench. She is shaken from what Harshad did, and Manik sits next to her.)

Manik- Riya, it's okay. Kuch nahi hua hai. Vo kuch nahi kar payega.

[Manik- Riya, it's okay. Nothing will happen. He won't be able to do anything.]

(But Riya is all silent and is not at all reacting to his words, making him more worried. She is still shaking in fear, and the fact that he cannot do anything makes him frustrated.)

(Here, Riya is lost in her traumatic past. The worst days of her life. The voices from her past are ringing in her ears and are making her go crazy.)

- You are just a worthless piece of shit.

- You are a curse.

-You don't deserve love at all.

- Your parents don't love you.

- We hate you! You destroyed our lives.

- I am not your mother. Call me Mam. Don't call me Mumma.

- If you ever came in front of my friends, then I will throw you out of this house.

- We never wanted you. Why didn't you die when you were born?

- You destroyed our lives. I never wanted a daughter like you.

- You are a disgrace to our family.

- You deserve the worst of everything.

- I wish that you never get love. I hope everyone hates you. You deserve all the hate in this world.

- You are horrible.

- You are just a disappointment.

(All the voices from her past keep echoing in her head, and she is breathing heavily and shivering in fear. On seeing her not responding to him, he shakes her a little, breaking her trance, and she returns to the present.)

Riya (murmurs)- I am not worthless. I am not a disappointment. No... no...

Manik (rubbing her back)- No. You are not worthless, Bache. You are not a disappointment.

(She looks at him in tears, and he looks on sadly.)

Riya (choked voice)- I am not a curse.

Manik- No. You are not a curse. You are a blessing. You are a blessing to me.

Riya (in tears): Don't hate me, Manik. Don't hate me.

(He shifts closer to her and takes her crying frame in a comforting hug.)

Manik- I can never hate you, Riya. Never. Don't think about all this. Shhhh.