Chapter-30

(It is 11:30 PM now, Manik is busy using his phone, and Riya is analyzing some of her patient's cases

(It is 11:30 PM now, Manik is busy using his phone, and Riya is analyzing some of her patient's cases. After some time, Manik keeps his phone away and yawns.)

Manik- Diwali par bhi hospital ka kaam. Not fair.

[Manik- Hospital work even on Diwali. Not fair.]

Riya- Doctors kabhi leave par nahi hote, Manik. Tyaari rakhni padti hai. Aur vaise bhi parso bohot important surgery hai.

[Riya- Doctors are never on leave, Manik. We have to be prepared. And anyway, there is a critical surgery the day after.]

Manik- Tumhe kaam karna hai to karo. Main to sone jaa raha hoon.

[Manik- If you want to work, then do it. I'm going to sleep.]

Riya- Haan haan tumhe kisne roka hai. So jao.

[Riya- Yes, yes, who has stopped you? Sleep, then.]

Manik- Yes. Good night.

Riya (chuckling)- Good night.

(He then lays down and takes the quilt while she keeps working. After some time, she hears light snores and looks at Manik to find him sleeping peacefully and cutely, like a baby. His messy hairs are making him look cuter. She smiles, looks at him, and then thinks about how he reacted today.)

Riya (sighing)- He got so worried today. Thank God kuch major nahi hua aur kisi ko chot nahi lagi. But jab main vahan khadi thi tab to vahan kuch nahi tha. To achanak se ye sab kaise ho gaya?

[Riya (sighing)- He got so worried today. Thank God nothing major happened, and no one got hurt. But when I was standing there, there was nothing there. So how did all this happen suddenly?]

(She ruminates on it but then lets it go and again focuses on her work. After an hour, she gets free and then comes to bed to sleep. She switches off the lights and lays down on her side. It has just been a few moments when she hears some whispers. She switches on the lamp and turns to Manik. And what she witnesses leaves her shocked and worried as she sees Manik murmuring something in sleep, his face covered in sweat, and his forehead has frown lines.)