Chapter 8

Presley's POV

Warning: Sexual Content

Sleep didn't come easy to me that night, almost feeling unnatural to me. Charlie should have been beside me as I slept, but I knew that would be no easy feat, and Karsen made that abundantly clear when I had stepped through his pack house's door. I yearned to touch him again, to feel him. I desperately wanted to place my lips on his luscious pink ones.

I hated that we didn't get to know each other the traditional way or that I didn't know anything about him, other than that he spoke Italian, he was an omega, and that he was my mate- my beautiful, one-of-a-kind omegan mate.

I woke in a cold sweat, my body on autopilot honed onto the strong smell of my mate's sweet lemon scent. A low growl emitted from my chest; I licked my lips, almost as if I were about to attack my prey. My prey being my mate.

Ezekial was in charge of my actions, entirely consumed by the animalistic desires of our rut. I ripped my covers off of my body, getting out of the bed, ready to hunt down my mate. I dug my talons into my palms, trying to keep myself in check as I passed pack members of the Cervo Davanti pack. I didn't have a sense of time, nor did I care. The only thing that was on my mind was my mate and only my mate.

My eyes dilated when my ears picked up the sound of his angelic voice calling for me, his alpha.

"Alpha," he called, making me quicken my pace in the direction of his scent.

I finally located where he was, his scent permeating from the other side of a door. His brother sat next to the door with his legs crossed and his head slumped backward, asleep.

"Alpha," His voice was desperate with want. Karsen let out a snore when I approached the door. Although I was in rut, I knew I needed to hold myself back from giving in to my desires. Karsen finally caught onto my presence. He stumbled to his feet, giving me a challenging glare.

"I don't think right now would be the best time to challenge me." I gritted my teeth, digging my nails deeper into my palms.

"That's my brother Reid. Do you think I'm stupid? Leaving him alone with my pack, knowing damn well he could go into his heat during the night. Do you also think I'm stupid enough to let them get to him knowing that another Alpha would kill any and everyone who stood in their way?"

"You're in the way." I snapped, taking a few steps closer to the door and my mate. Karsen now blocked the doorway, reaching his arm out, pushing me back.

"I might be in your way, but that's still my brother." His face hardened, jaw clenching. "Don't mark him."

"Don't tell me what to do." I spat.

"You haven't even accepted the bond." Karsen's voice strained. "So how do I not know that you'll just reject him when you come to?" He gripped onto my shirt, holding me from moving closer to the door.

"Unlike your father, I'm not a coward." I spat through my teeth, reaching to grab onto his wrist. "I accept the bond; I hope to goddess he does too. Now do me a favor and get out of my fucking way, brat." I ripped his hand away, pushing him out of my way.

"I'm not done talking," Karsen growled, grabbing my shoulder, pulling me back.

"I am," I replied in a final tone.

"He can't be here while he is in heat, you and I both know that." I turned my head back to look at him.

"He'll be marked within the hour. So I don't see an issue here. Now, if you let me be, I have a mate who has been calling for me." I opened the door to my mate's room, ignoring the calls from Karsen.