Chapter 25

What happened last night seems to be the so called "calm before the storm". As the fatefully day of the battle against the Raiden Shogun approaches the air seems to tense. It was on those days when Y/N thought of her past, not the happy glimmers of time with Kazuha but the darker ones. 

Y/N was brought up as a lady with fine etiquette and good skills. She could cook she could clean, she could swing a sword and she could climb a tree. She had many siblings beside her, 2 younger brothers, 2 older brothers but no sisters. Though now you could consider her an orphan with her entire family dead. 

It seemed no matter what she did she would receive no validation from her parents, as she had four brothers the chances of her becoming family head was near to impossible. Perhaps it was when she had receive the phoenix flame that her parents started looking a little closer at her. 

It was on the day where everything burnt down, before she found refuge in the Kamisato clan that she had met the balladeer. 

"How pathetic, it seem one survived." 

"Shall we dispose of her sir?"

"No leave her be, she's quite interesting. We'll let her live for now."  

So while the Fatui had killed her entire family for they feared the ancient bloodline. Y/N was left alive. Ayaka says the day she found her, the princess had blood all over her and look half conscious. Her feet were bruised and her eyes were swollen but her in hand hands was a tightly clutched hairpin and two maple leaves.

"I don't' intend to ever let you go ever again" Was what Kazuha said the night Y/N had told him she loved him. 

"You better not." She had joked back

Here they were. Kazuha, Gorou her and a few resistance soldiers running with their lives to save the traveler who had apparently challenged Harbinger Signora to a duel.  In the chaos Kazuha asked Y/N to create a diversion to throw off the shogun's men and she agreed. 

Fire erupted from the ground as the temperature started increasing, "You better hurry," Y/N warned Kazuha as she took out her weapon. "I'm about to burn this entire place down to ashes." 

"Hot as always." Kazuha says in an attempt to joke.

"Not the time for flowery words Kazuha," Y/N says rolling her eyes. "now go save the traveler."

"Yes my lady." The boy says with a chuckle 

"Oh and..." 

"Mhmm?"

"Be safe out there."

People were yelling and screaming as Y/N cut them down one by one. The citizens were all hidden inside their houses in fear of the fire raging outside. 

"Please miss! Spare me I'll do anything!" A solider begged.

"Oh hush quit being dramatic, I hear ladies like men with scars these days I'm doing you a favor." Y/N replies back. 

The princess had just finished off about the last of the men when she saw a bright flash of electro follow by a yell.  

"Gosh damn it, that idiot better be okay." She thought to herself as she headed towards Kazuha's way. 

When the princess got to the scene it was too late... 

Well it was too late for her to do anything for everything had already been taken care of. The traveler stood there victorious with a certain shrine priestess behind him, who gave her a knowing wink.