29. Hey Handsome

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

           I started helping everyone else who was sick. By now, I was pretty much a hundred percent better. I guess Octavia was right. The virus really doesn't last long. I heard footsteps coming into the ship and someone coughing. I was the only one not currently helping a particular person, so I turned ready to help whoever was next. When I saw who it was my heart dropped to my stomach and my throat closed up making it impossible to breathe.

           "Bell?" I question sadly.

           I stood there frozen as Octavia took action. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, I was scared. I was so terrified that I couldn't even tremble. I had tried so hard to keep him from getting sick, all my efforts wasted.

           "Clear some space! Lay him down." Octavia orders.

           I watch as with tears filling my eyes as she turns him to his side and blood comes spilling from his mouth. He gasped for breath when it was over. My lip was quivering, and my eyes were filled with tears. It killed me to see him like this.

"Bell, hey, big brother." I hear Octavia whisper as she took a cloth and pressed it against his forehead.

"I'm scared." I hear Bellamy admit.

A pang went through my heart. And a small sound came from my mouth. I couldn't really tell whether it was a half sob or a gasp, all I knew is my heart was being ripped to shreds seeing him like this.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." Octavia assures him.

"That's what I said to you the day you were born." He smiles.

I start to move my feet towards the two, I wanted to be with him. That's the only thing that was present in my mind.

"I know." She chuckles, "You told me that, like thousand times."

"I'm glad you're here."

"Just get some rest now, okay?"

He nods his head and his head drops to the side as he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep. Octavia looked up and saw me standing a few feet away, I hadn't even realized that the tears that we're building up had fallen onto my cheeks. She stands up and holds the cloth out to me.

"I think you'll be the first thing he wants to see when he wakes up." She tells me with a small smile.

"Thank you." I say in a tone that can barely be classified as a whisper.

I take the cloth and sit with my back pressed against the wall. I lift the upper part of his body, which surprisingly enough isn't all that heavy right now, and pull him closer. His head was now resting on my lap. I took the cloth and cleaned his face that was covered with his blood. I ran my fingers through his hair while my other hand pressed the another clean cold piece of fabric against his forehead. Bea came up beside me holding out a cup of water.

"Thanks." I smile as I take a sip.

She sits down beside me, "So tell me everything." She smirks. I roll my eyes, "You can't avoid this forever plus I'm very sick, and this is how you can take care of me."