Chapter Forty-Four: Chocolate

"Morning, bugaboo." Adrien greeted.

"Hmm." Marinette groaned. "What time is it?"

"It's almost six in the morning. I woke up early to wake you up."

"Did I fall asleep through the night?"

"You passed out when trying to rush to us for help."

Marinette then remembered Nathalie and when she was trying to help her. " How's Nathalie?? Is she alright??"

"She's alright. Nothing bad happened to her. At least father didn't say anything. But I'm sure everything is fine. You did great, bugaboo."

"Thanks, kitty. By the way, where's Morgan?"

"Passed out on the couch. With all her talk about sentimonsters not needing sleep, she's sure out of it."

"Passed out drunk or passed out from tiredness?"

"Not sure, but if she's drunk, have fun waking her up." Adrien then hopped out of bed and left the room.

"Hey! Come back here! You wake her up!" But Adrien was already down the stairs and running into the dining room.

Marinette stood up and looked over to Morgan, who's still asleep, this will be a pain to wake her up. She sighed. "Maybe Gabriel can do this. I'm still not in the mood." She got some clothes on and went out of the room as well.

When she got downstairs, she already saw Adrien with his food from last night. She walked up to him and took his glass of water.

"Hey, m'lady! Do you want to join us?"

"Sure thing." She sat next to him as one of the workers gave her her meal. "Thanks!" They gave her a smile and left.

"So, what happened when I passed out?"

"Just a bit of small talk and Morgan wanting to knock herself out."

"Why though?"

"I don't know what got in her mind either but I think she just wants to experience it again."

"Is that so?" She took a bite from her food as she continued listening.

"That's what happened last night. But she didn't end up drinking anything. She was about to, but she didn't."

"Do you consider that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"I have no idea. And father is usually up before me, so this is quite surprising," he mentioned, gesturing at the empty seats.

"Let's just see if they're awake yet. Let's finish up our food then we'll wake them up."

"Okay. Got any more things to say to me from last night?"

"That's all you've missed, bugaboo. You were passed out pretty late so they left soon after." He took a bite from his food while Marinette looked at him.

"Did everything go well?"

"Yep. It all got sorted out and nothing went wrong thankfully."

"Good to hear."

"Now let's finish up our food quickly. We're going to be late." They quickly finished up their food and went up the stairs.

"You go in first." Marinette told Adrien.

Adrien entered the room, seeing Nathalie on top of Gabriel while both of them were covered with blankets.

"Mom? Father?" He shakes them lightly. He tries again a bit harder until he gets Gabriel to wake up.