022. stranded

"ah, andromeda! may i speak to you for a moment?" ezekiel asked, catching the brown headed girl walking by herself in the corridors

"of course, your majesty. what would you like to talk about?" she asked, walking towards the king with caution.

"let's go on a walk."

the last time he said that, he attempted to kill her. but, thank goodness there's daylight outside, it'll be easier to catch anything suspicious.

"sure."

the two walked down the corridor, then out towards the garden, just admiring the beautiful flowers dusted with snowflakes.

she was wondering why he asked her to go on a walk all of a sudden. but, she knew that if she brought up what happened the last time they went on a walk alone, she would've been ended right then and there.

"what did you want to talk about?" she asked.

this was giving her deja vú already, and she didn't like it one bit.

"i wanted to speak to you about my son."

again?

"again? what is it this time, sir?" she asked, making sure she kept as much distance away from him as possible.

"stay away from him." ezekiel spoke firmly.

"w-what?" she questioned, clearly confused.

"do i have to repeat myself? stay away from my son." he repeated, having a more commanding voice this time.

andie was confused and mostly frightened, why was he finally asking her about this now? why was he speaking about this now after almost two months of being there?

"is there a reason for this?"

ezekiel didn't say anything, he just stood up and grabbed her wrist roughly, leading her towards the woods.

where was he taking her? why was he doing this?

he was scaring her, there was no expression on his face and he was leading her to who-knows-where. she felt her wrist starting to bruise, it was an uncomfortable feeling.

they ended up in the middle of the forest. andie didn't know why ezekiel brought her here, it left a nervous feeling in her stomach.

"you stay here or else." he spoke, pulling out a large roll of rope.

she gulped. what was he doing?!

andie stepped back, feeling the tree flat against her back. ezekiel stood behind the tree, tying her hands to it.

"hey.. hey, wait. what are you doing?!" she panicked, trying to wiggle her hands out of the rope. but it was too late, it was tight around the wrists.

"don't move."

"or what?"

right after, she felt a sting on her right cheek. it left her completely speechless and disgusted.

"did you just fucking slap me?!"

another sting was felt.

"that is no way to speak to a king." ezekiel mocked, feeling the enjoyment from andie's struggles.

she couldn't do anything, it was completely useless at this point. even if she tried getting out, it would take her hours to break the rope.

"now, you stay here while i talk to my son, alone." ezekiel grinned, turning to leave.

she didn't know how long she'd be out here for. i mean, he completely abandoned her in the middle of nowhere, far away from the castle.

it was getting dark, she didn't have anyone to keep her company during the night. she didn't have anyone out there with her, evan wasn't there to save her, and not even maeve could.

no matter how loud she screamed and yelled, her voice seemed like a silent whisper to everything around her. she couldn't scream for help anymore, it was draining her energy and causing her to lose her voice.

there was no hope.