The Crux Clash

Y/n pov:

It's been two weeks after the Lantern Rite.

While watching the lanterns with Xiao i understood how much i actually love him, and it wasn't in just a friendly way.
When i think back to the dreams i had before lantern rite, i always wish they were reality and not just dreams. It always gives me butterflies.

I know now that i'm in love with Xiao.

And i also know that i won't tell him, no matter what.

Even though he usually responds in a flirty way whenever i tease him, i know he doesen't feel the same way. I've always known that Xiao isn't one who seeks love with anyone. We've just grown a special little friendship. And it has to stay that way.

And i don't want my feelings to get in the way of my work either. And if i did tell him how i felt, it would probably get in the way of his work as well. He would definitely avoid me. And he would probably be dissapointed in me as well.

So it's a good thing that i'm going to Inazuma. I'll be able to distance us for a little while and maybe get rid of my feelings, so things could go back to the way they were.

Because if they didn't, the only thing i will recieve in return is heart break.

-

I sat on top of a tree, keeping a close eye on Xiao. With his mask on his face, spear in hand, he was killing hilichurls.
One after one. They all disappeared, slowly becoming dust as are being pierced by his spear.

He is so hot.
WHAT- no.
Get it together Y/n.
Control yourself.

"Are you okay?"
I looked down from the tree and saw Xiao standing there, looking at me, mask still on his face and spear still in hand.

"Huh?" I hummed. Was something wrong? Why wouldn't i be okay? I mean i'm looking at Xiao fighting, of course i'm okay. I'm doing great over here.

"You're eating leaves." He said.

There was a small silence. I realized that i was indeed munching on a leaf.

"You do that when you're nervous or in deep thought." Xiao said. He brought his hand to his face, and took his mask of with his hand. When the mask was gone, his eyes met mine.

"You look..." he started to say, but didn't finish.

"Hm?" I hummed. Bad? Do i look bad?

"Pretty..." he finished.

My eyes widened and my heart started to beat faster.
Don't say that.

He reached his hand up to me.
"Let's go. You said you wanted to see that thing that your friend told you about. That battle thing." He said.

I smiled weakly. I took his hand, and placed my other one on his shoulder. He put his other hand on my waist, and helped me down from the tree.
If we keep being like this together... it'll make everything harder for me regarding my feelings.

-

He brought me to a hill in Guyun Stone Forest.
Beidou invited me to see The Crux Clash, it's a martial arts tournament. And Aether was participating. And if he won, we would go to Inazuma.
Which Xiao... still doesen't know...

A few days ago i was asking Beidou if she could do me and Aether a favour, and take us to Inazuma on her ship.
Her response was,
"i'll take you there for free, but when it comes to the kid, if he wins the tournament, he'll get a choice: masterless vision or a ticket to Inazuma aboard The Alcor."