Chapter 25

Omnipresent POV

Gaza sat behind the desk of his underground bureau, back at his heavily guarded compound. One bulb dangles from the ceiling, the office immersed in shadows. He sits still, his tattooed fingers steepled, his gaze focused on nothing. The light askew, highlighting the veiny scar struck across his eye, marring the one side of his face.

"There's no way they'll be able to decipher the book," his lieutenant says, taking out the toothpick in his mouth. "And they need the other four to decode the rest of it."

He slams a fist on the desk, rattling everything on top. "But they have my book. All my cash houses, drug exports, every dirty cop on the payroll managing my transports. Every transaction is on there. And that's only scraping the surface."

He slips the toothpick back into his mouth. "Your sleepers have made it to Osaka. They have Orian's location. He's not exactly hiding."

Gaza huffs, a long breath falling from his nostrils. "Because he's not afraid. But he will be. I liked him, he brought us good business. But now he's in my way."

"He also has strong ties to the Yakuza," he reminds. "They might back him up if you go after him."

Gaza launches to his feet, the chair crashing against the wall. "I gave Orian a chance to deliver what is mine. I'm done waiting. I want my book and I want the girl that took it. You find them in Osaka, and you do what you must. If Orian enjoys fucking around with me like it's a game. I'll play. And you know, I never lose."