36.

"How's he?"

She asked as soon as Yoongi walk out from his ward, a deep sigh left his mouth. His eyes looked at curious people looking at him, even unfamiliar faces were there. "The symptoms had gone worse, he's fine now but we don't know how long will it take for his heart to stop pumping. The blood is clogging in, and he might need to bedridden now"

"Is there really no surgery for him?," Jimin asked with Yoongi shook. The guilt portrayed on the man was vivid, he was the one who bought him here with force. This was his first time visiting Jungkook since that day and he almost lost him. "It's already too late for us to do that, even a bypass won't help much. All I can say was, please be ready for anything"

Please be ready for anything.

A sentence enough to broke Haewon fragile heart, Jimin guilty self, Seokjin hopeful gaze and Taehyung scared expression. They were crushed. The thought of Jungkook leaving them anytime consumed them so much, there were tears in their eyes. Even Yoongi couldn't look at them, bowing curtly to excuse himself to his room.

Namjoon, Chaeyoung and Taehee who was seeing everything could only looked them in sadness. They weren't close to Jungkook, but the despair could be feel in the air.

"Are you sure about this Haewon? He might get mad at me?"

"No, just get in. He couldn't even lift a finger, he won't kill you Jimin," she said with a smile which Jimin is still reluctant to go in. He was afraid Jungkook would be pissed off at him, that was why he didn't come to visit him. "How about you? We could go together?"

"I can visit him later, go in Jimin. Talk to him when you can. He misses you. You are his friend after all,", she said gently and that bought a courage to Jimin to gave in and nodded, smiling at the woman who will be affected the most from all of this when Jungkook left them later. He pulled her into his arm, giving her a short hug which Haewon did the same. "Thank you Haewon for being by his side"

"I don't do much, it's you who bought him here when he needs to," she said back before Jimin let go, his sad eyes was contrast to the smile on his face. It was devastating for them, but they couldn't be weak now. Not for Jungkook who hated those who pitied him. "I'll be quick, go and have some rest"

She nodded before the pediatric doctor went in, leaving her alone outside. Seokjin and Taehyung had left early, right after they met Jungkook and all of them left with red eyes, cheeks stained with tears which bought Haewon to tears too. It wasn't the end yet, but the parting is getting closer. She wasn't ready yet to leave him.

She was left in silence for a while, when someone tapped her shoulder lightly and she looked to her side Kim Namjoon was there standing with a gentle smile. "If it's alright for you, mind have a coffee with me for a while?"

Several minutes later, they were in front of the vending machine, with a cup of hot black coffee in their hands sitting at one of the bench provided. There was no one around, so it was quite private for them to talk each other.

"When did you know about Mr. Jeon sickness?"

"Two months ago, I guess. I only thought he was sick, it was just recently that I knew he is dying"

"And you didn't tell Taehee about this, why?"

"I was afraid she will breach the contract, and Jungkook needed someone to stay by him side that time. It was selfish for me to not think about the consequences that just not only will happen to me, but to them too. I'm sorry"

Namjoon hummed before sipping his coffee for a bit before continue. "I was impressed actually," he said and she looked to her side, surprised to hear his words. What did make Namjoon so suprise?

"You ran here the moment you heard about him. You were there the whole moment the doctor was checking on him, and I was sure you were almost every where with him. Do you know why Love Inc. was build at the first place?"

She blinked at his words, and the man chuckle before continue, "Out there, millions people were left to be alone, until their death bed. They must have thought, how nice it will be for someone to care and love for them, even if it's fake and short. It wasn't desperate, it was loneliness and assurance they needed to make them believe, someone out there had loved them once at least. Love wasn't just a mere affection, it wasn't just a confession, Miss Lee"

He smiled before he continued, "The moment you ran here, it was the moment I was bought back to why I wanted to build this company back then. The idea of someone running to to you when you are in trouble, the thought of having someone waiting for you everytime and of course, the way you still stayed with him after knowing he's going to leave you forever. He broke the contract, I can't deny that but all Mr. Jeon needed was someone to be by his side, even with his body no longer functioning. All he needed was love, and he needed fast. You prove it to me Miss Lee, that Love Inc, wasn't just a place for people to seek for a partner for fun"

"It was also for those who needed the feeling to be loved even for a while, and seeing you now, I guess what I vision before has come true. But still, I have to let you choose. It still under protocol, and I was glad that this issue haven't arrived the legal team. If you stay with him, you will automatically be resigned from Love Inc, but Taehee and Miss Park stayed since they were only the third party, and there will be no fined to be paid. If you leave, the three of you will have to pay the consequences, and Jungkook will have to pay the fined, you will be banned from meeting him. The legal team will found out, and you know the rest. I personally think you should stay, he bought you a bakery already"

Haewon smiled at his last words, it was true. And all those favours for her only sided at the first condition; stay. She wasn't stupid enough to leave, and that question has been asked several times even before Jungkook was in here.

"When the bakery is open later, I wil single handedly bake you some muffins and croissant, Mr. Kim"

"Jungkook-," he said before the man pulled him into a hug, even with his fragile state he was able to pull Jimin into his arm which the man was stunned. He couldn't see his face, but he could hear the soft sob of the man, trembling in his arms.

"Why did you come so late,I was-I was waiting for you"

Jimin couldn't hold his tears anymore, and embraced his dying friend in his arms so dearly, regretting every moment when he was in the orphanage, thinking wether he should come to see him, but he was afraid Jungkook hated him for this. It was cruel enough for him to let him stay here by force, he doesn't wanr Jungkook to have hatred towards him, turn out he was wrong.

He waited for him.

"You are not mad at me?," He chocked between his tears, and Jungkook shook. "Fuck you for bringing me here, but fuck you again for not even visiting me"

Jimin laughed between his sobs, even with Jungkook cursing him in his tears. "Haewon would hit you for your word, Jungkook."

He pulled away, eyes red and was more surprised to see his friend eyes were even redder than his. "How bad did you cried?"

"Don't tease me for being this, you should see Seokjin and Taehyung. They were bawling right when they left your room"

"I would be more surprised if they didn't. How's Haewon?"

Jimin sighed as he took a sit at the side of Jungkook bed before looking at him. "She's fine now, she was the one who asked me to visit you now. The higher ups came, Jungkook. "

"Higher ups?"

"Love Inc. came. They were there waiting for Yoongi to came out after checking on with you, and I heard from Chaeyoung that they already know about the contract"

Jungkook went back to silent. If he was healthy enough, he will ran to see her and asked her is she's okay, hug her to comfort her. But he couldn't, his energy was long gone the moment he fell unconscious when he was about to walk back to his bed after going to the toilet. From Yoongi, they said his heart stopped for a while and it was a miracle it was only for a short time. But he knew it wasn't a good news. Time was telling him to be prepared for the worst, and this won't be the last time.

"Is she still out there?"