Chapter 105: Transformation

Feng Ruizhong's behavior made Zhuang Qing think of Fu Li's elder – the Vermilion Bird Zhu Yue.

A Qiankun pouch was capable of holding too many things; Zhuang Qing had no way of envisaging what it could contain, nor could he accept it.

"Apologies, the management bureau has a rule that we can't accept presents from other cultivators," Zhuang Qing bowed. "Many thanks senior for the generous gift."

"There is a saying in the human world – 'an elder's gift cannot be declined'. If you're unwilling to accept it, you will be looking down on this senior," Feng Ruizhong had beautiful looks. When he wasn't smiling and raised the corners of his brows slightly, he would give off a subtle feeling of power.

"Many thanks Uncle Feng," Fu Li accepted the Qiankun pouch on Zhuang Qing's behalf.

"Little Li is still well-behaved," Feng Ruizhong put on a smile once again. Patting the hat on Fu Li's head, he asked with some heartache, "Have you been well the past few years?"

Fu Li nodded dazedly.

Looking at the hat on Fu Li's head that had been manifested with magic, there seemed to be a flash of emotion in Feng Ruizhong's eyes. But in the end, all he did was help him to arrange the hat. "Take good care of yourself, let me know if you lack anything."

He fished out a few jade pendants and stuffed them into Fu Li's hands. "Break a jade pendant if you run into any issue, I'll rush over immediately."

Fu Li looked at Feng Ruizhong in a daze as he clutched the jade pendants. Feng Ruizhong's behavior was overly intimate. Fu Li ought to suspect the other party's intentions, but whenever the other party smiled at him, there was only a feeling of closeness in his heart, nothing else.

"Uncle Feng..." Fu Li couldn't help asking, "Did we meet in the past?"

Feng Ruizhong smiled gently. "The snow's heavy, go back early." His gaze landed on Zhuang Qing, and he gave him a friendly smile. "Goodbye."

Zhuang Qing looked at the identical clothes Feng Ruizhong and Fu Li were wearing, and said with a straight face, "Please take care, senior."

Feng Ruizhong pulled open the car door, smiling at Fu Li. "Quick, get on."

He had very strong learning capabilities. With only one car ride, he already knew how to open a car door and let himself integrate into the crowd seamlessly.

Fu Li sat in the front passenger seat. The corners of his lips moved without saying anything. Feng Ruizhong had not denied meeting him before, but neither had he admitted to it. Was the other party unwilling to say it, or had he chosen to cover it up because he had misgivings about something?

While he was in the midst of contemplation, Feng Ruizhong placed another Qiankun pouch in his arms. "Treat yourself a bit better, don't wrong yourself when it concerns food, clothes, accommodation, and travel." He took another glance at the hat Fu Li had manifested using magic with a forced smile. "Having prettier clothes is also okay."

Fu Li had a strange feeling. Why was Uncle Feng looking at him as if he had experienced immense suffering and grievances?

"Take good care of yourself," Feng Ruizhong cast a deep glance at Fu Li before turning and walking in another direction.

Fu Li looked at his back view, an unspeakable distress in his heart. He pulled open the car door and caught up to him. "Uncle Feng."

"What's wrong?" Feng Ruizhong came to a halt. When he turned to look at Fu Li, the happiness in his eyes nearly couldn't be suppressed.