30

Aniruddh woke up to a dull thudding sound.

" Ahh... What is that...?" He mumbled into the pillow, still not opening his eyes. He brought his hand to his head. " Make it stop" He clenched his already closed eyes. And realised it was not the sound of something outside but throbbing of veins in his head. His head was hurting badly so much so he was afraid of opening his eyes. He held his head in both his hands now, face digging deeper in the pillow.

" Bondita...!" He called for help. " Bondita...?!!" He asked again when he didn't get a reply. This made him slowly open his eyes and slightly pull up his head. She was not there on the bed. To think they spent two days on the same bed but he didn't get to see her face first thing in the morning. It spoiled his mood on top of a throbbing headache. It was the only positive thing that could have come out of sharing a bed with her, he was not interested in any of those things.

Aniruddh made an attempt to turn on his back when the sheets slipped a little revealing his chest. No clothes. Just skin. He furrowed his brows, confusion and headache increasing by the second.

" Wha...?" He looked towards her bed again. Heaps of clothes, jewellery and what nots. He had not noticed them first. Just the pillow where her head was not resting. But now he saw it all. His head clearing a bit. He looked down on himself again. He slowly, a bit scared pulled up his sheet to look beneath.

No clothes. Just his dhoti covering his lower body, untied. He basically was naked.

Aniruddh covered himself again, pulling sheets upto his chest, resting his chin on the shaking hands holding the sheets. What had happened...? He looked around. Why was he not wearing anything...?

He had started taking deep breaths.

What was happening...?!!??
Why was he on the bed without clothes when he was sharing it with Bondita...!!?!!!

Aniruddh looked like a child, clenching the sheets and trembling like leaf, bringing his knees to his chest.

Where was she...??!!
Where was Bondita...??!!!?

What did you do Aniruddh...??!!

Exactly...! What...? He didn't remember a thing. He strained his brain. Why didn't he... REMEMBER ANYTHING...??!!!!

Bondita...

He had now started hyperventilating.

No...

He couldn't think of those things, they didn't happen. No. They didn't. He won't think of it. That  didn't happen. Right...? He won't worry about it...NO...he won't.

Aniruddh tried to drape his dhoti around his waist roughly and got out of bed but fell. His legs too weak to support him. He again tried getting up, tied his dhoti properly, as his hands could manage before calling her out.

"BONDITA...!!!"

He had to see her. He had to see if she was ok. Did he do something to her...? Did...he...? NO...! Aniruddh...no...

His feet felt like lead as they dragged him to the mirror on the dressing table, loose end of his roughly tied dhoti in his left hand.
Aniruddh knew his Bondita. She knew a bad touch. He taught her. He taught her this was not ok. He taught her to say no. His Bondita would have scratched him silly like a wild cat if he even dared to pull something like this on her. He taught her everything. She understood everything.

He stood in front of the mirror running shaky fingers over his chest, nothing. He then turned around a little to look at his  back, nothing.

Breathing was getting difficult, more and more.