Chapter 107: Any Objections?

When the excited management bureau staff found Zhuang Qing, Zhuang Qing was carrying a dog with his left hand while nibbling on the buns held in his right hand. The white dog had its two front claws resting on his shoulder and was holding a steaming-hot bun, munching on it with its tail shaking from side to side. A few girls nearby were secretly snapping photos of them with their phones.

Upon seeing this scene, the excitement coursing through everyone's bodies disappeared in a blink of an eye, just like a balloon that had been pricked by a needle.

Although the emotion in their excitement was gone, what came next was a sense of security – a sense of security that their boss wouldn't abandon them no matter how strong he became. Everyone had observed the fluctuations that occurred in the early morning; anyone with a bit of knowledge would know what it meant.

"What are all of you standing here for?" Zhuang Qing took a bite of the bun in his hands. "Do you want your wages to be deducted for not going to work?"

Only then did everyone return to their senses and run towards the management bureau without looking back.

Who would want to have their wages deducted?

Fu Li finished his bun and laid his head on Zhuang Qing's shoulder. "I'll take a half-day sick leave today and sleep for a bit."

"Sleep then," Zhuang Qing stuffed the bun he hadn't eaten into his mouth and took him into his embrace with both arms. As expected, Fu Li had already fallen asleep. Fu Li had exhausted all his spiritual qi yesterday night to help him transform successfully. If he had dragged it on a bit longer, Fu Li's cultivation might have regressed.

Fu Li would occasionally render him angry yet helpless, and he would itch to give his head a good shake. But sometimes, the things Fu Li did made him unable to bear putting him through the slightest torment. The guy in his arms was hateful in this way.

Zhuang Qing's fate was implicitly tied to the nation's fate, so after his successful transformation, blessed rain descended from the skies, showering all creatures with grace. Even the country's fortune inexplicably improved a little. For instance, research institute A's experiment succeeded, scientific academy B overcame a certain difficulty in a project, and scientific research center C successfully developed a certain medicinal product. There was even a reduction in the levels of pollution seen in all the large water bodies within the country.

The various departments were momentarily full of joy. Not only did they allocate a sum of money to the management bureau in the name of 'scientific fees', they even rewarded Zhuang Qing with a house and car. The department leaders on friendly terms with Zhuang Qing all sent generous gifts as well.

To this country's humans, dragons had always been symbols of luck and protection. So everyone who gave gifts were most willing to do so, and did so with exultation.

All the major sect leaders in the cultivation world and several famous yao cultivators started preparing generous gifts and personally called on Zhuang Qing before the human world's gift brigade had even dispersed. Zhuang Qing was now the emperor of the aquatic races, and the importance of water on earth went without saying, so no one wanted to offend the aquatic emperor unless they felt that they were living too good a life.

The various major sect leaders knew where Zhuang Qing lived in the human world, but when these sect leaders called on him and realized that there was no other yao or person in his house apart from Fu Li, their mood turned complex.

They had long heard that there was some ambiguity between Zhuang Qing and the daoyou called Fu Li. They had only taken it as rumor, yet the two parties were actually already living together.