Chapter 112: Worried Yao

Fu Li looked at Zhuang Qing, and then looked at the elder from the Fields Sect. He wanted to let the other party know that this was a misunderstanding, but when he glimpsed the raised corners of Zhuang Qing's lips, he hugged the jar of fruit jam tightly and remained silent.

In the eyes of the Fields Sect's elder, Fu Li's silence was due to his thin skin, so he didn't think much of it.

Fu Li received quite a few new year's blessings along the way to the Fields Sect's main entrance. There were even many cultivators who looked at him and Zhuang Qing with a face full of ambiguity, their expressions screaming 'you don't have to say anything, we understand'.

Fu Li finally understood. Conjuring up things in the mind was a bad habit of the humans, but when yao cultivators transformed into their human forms, they could also acquire this sort of bad habit.

They hadn't walked out of the Fields Sect's barrier when Zhuang Qing noticed that Fu Li had his head silently lowered. Knowing that Fu Li objected to those words, he said calmly, "There's no need to take offense to their words. As time passes, they will realize that those are just rumors."

Fu Li lifted his eyelids, glancing at Zhuang Qing. Zhuang Qing met his gaze. "We're going to the flying palace now?"

"En," Fu Li nodded. He touched the phone in his pocket. Would there be a signal in the flying palace?

Kang Gu and Feng Ruizhong had long prepared everything after knowing that the two juniors would be coming over for two days. What they hadn't expected was for Zhuang Qing to bring a large pile of presents from the human world. The items weren't expensive, but such kind intentions were hard to come by. As a result, their liking for Zhuang Qing increased.

"Both your rooms are in the east hall. Little Li, bring Little Zhuang over." Feng Ruizhong was making magic clothes with Kang Gu and couldn't leave at the moment, so he told Fu Li, "Play well. It's hot here, don't stay too long."

Ordinary fire was of no threat to yaoguai with profound cultivation, but the fire currently in the Divine Fire Hall was the Fenghuang's true flame that he had spat out. The juniors would feel uncomfortable if they stayed for too long.

"Then you and King Ganglie shouldn't push yourself too much," Fu Li knew how they worked, so he didn't insist on remaining to help and instead brought Zhuang Qing out. The patrolling bodyguard-maids that they encountered along the way bowed one after another, their expressions vivid and their motions similar to ordinary people. Without careful scrutiny, it would be nearly impossible to tell that they were merely refined devices without souls.

To be capable of making refined devices with a high level of similarity to living people, and to make so many at that – these ancient great yao had formidable capabilities.

"It should be on this side," Fu Li pointed at the palace in the east. "My family's elders like to position my dwelling in the east."

There was indeed a palace standing on its own in the east. The name 'Hall of the Rising Sun; Sun Rises in the East' engraved on it was quite a fitting one. There was ample spiritual qi in the hall, and Zhuang Qing discovered that the floor and walls were not only inlaid with spiritual stones, but had a Spirit-Gathering Formation drawn on them. A single day of cultivation here would be equivalent to ten days of cultivation outside.

"The rooms are all the same." Fu Li opened the rooms to two master bedrooms, took a few glances, and then told Zhuang Qing, "I'll take the one on the left and you take the one on the right."

"Okay," Zhuang Qing walked into the room. Only when he heard the door close next door did the corners of his mouth tighten.

Hiding in the room, Fu Li took out his phone and made the unexpected discovery that there were two signal bars. The country's infrastructure was truly yao-shattering. What magnificent humans.