Chapter 115: Congratulations to You

The Nian reacted even more violently to these words than when he was whipped. His ferocious mouth gaped open, letting loose a roar at Fu Li. "Ignorant human, how can the mere firecrackers in your human world scare me?"

The fuming Nian couldn't even be bothered to use honorifics anymore.

"The Nian isn't scared of firecrackers?" Fu Li really hadn't been aware of this matter. He turned slightly towards Zhuang Qing. "I was deceived by the legends in the human world?"

Zhuang Qing: ...

"Forget it, this isn't important. Go save those humans first, there still seems to be some life left in them. I'll capture this Nian." Taking care of a Nian wasn't of much difficulty to Fu Li. Within a few breaths, the Nian was firmly bound by the whip in his hands, unable to do much apart from curse others.

"You follow the bad example of humans despite being a dragon, there is truly no greater disgrace to the yao race!" The Nian started berating Zhuang Qing after seeing that Fu Li was ignoring him. "If you're willing to kill this human, I'm agreeable to giving this human's heart – the most tender part – to you."

The Nian rarely came into contact with the dragon clan, but the dragons in the legends he had heard possessed immense strength and never lacked for any basic necessities. Thousands of years ago, it was said that a yao cultivator had offered the Dragon King the heart of a human born on the seventh day of the seventh month. Overjoyed, the Dragon King then bestowed him an incredibly profound cultivation technique.

The dragon race had always looked down on humans, so why was this dragon with powerful qi together with a human?

"Which countryside did this idiot come from?" The already-safe crested ibis shook his blood-stained feathers. "In this age, the world has long united and here you are still wanting to eat humans and yao, why don't you eat yourself?"

"Ignorant bird, I'm talking to the Dragon Lord, is there any space for you to cut in?" The Nian might have a vile appearance, but when he wanted to curry favor with someone, he could still be quite tactful.

"Laozi is a national treasure!" The crested ibis flapped his wings. Several bloody feathers floated onto the snow-covered ground.

"Eat this," Fu Li fished out a medicinal pill and tossed it to the crested ibis. Catching it with his claws, the crested ibis looked suspiciously at Fu Li. "What medicine is this?"

"Don't worry, I may be from the countryside, but you won't die from this medicine," Fu Li raised a brow, a hint of indifference in his voice.

"F*ck, you're too petty. I was cursing the Nian, not you," Smelling the fragrant scent of the medicinal pill, the crested ibis swallowed his saliva, gulping the pill down.

To his surprise, not only did a great half of his internal wounds heal right after he downed the medicinal pill, his cultivation also rose slightly. He couldn't help asking, "What medicine is this?"

"Nourishing Qi Pill," Fu Li didn't have the leisure to pay any heed to the crested ibis and was preoccupied with dealing with the Nian so that he could return home to watch the Lunar New Year celebratory party.

Although he often hid in homes the past few years to watch news broadcasts, the new year was of great significance to the humans, so he would always conscientiously avoid the new year period when humans gathered.

This year would be his first time watching the Lunar New Year's celebratory party. After finishing lunch, he had brought Uncle Feng and the King to Zhuang Qing's villa to sit by the television and wait for the party to begin. Now that a Nian had popped out to disturb him, his mood was no longer that wonderful.