𓅓ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ𓅓

You let out a satisfied sigh as you finish eating

The food presentation is figs, dates, onions, fish, cooked birds like chicken and pigeons, eggs, cheese, and good-quality bread.

"What are you waiting for? Eat" your father orders, watching you with narrowed eyes.

"But, I already did" you insist, pointing at your stomach.

"Eat more, you haven't even touched the figs, you love it" Maathotep exclaims.

You chuckle nervously, and pick one of the figs, before starting to eat it.

'Parents are always parents, huh? Insisting on making you eat more

A smile appears upon your face at that thought.

Maybe life isn't that bad as being the daughter of a powerful pharaoh like Maathotep.

"Your manners have turned ill, you know that you are not allowed to finish eating before me, daughter."

The pharaoh says with a strict tone, before taking a sip from his beer.

You almost roll your eyes at his words but refrain from doing so.

"Silly me, I always forget such important things" you assert.

It goes on silent for a few minutes until you start speaking again.

"So, isn't mother going to come and eat with us?" you ask.

Maathotep looks at you as if you have gone insane.

"Your mother died giving birth to you, what are you talking about?"

"Oh," you mumble, thinking of a way to get out of this.

Your eyes move to the golden goblet, and without thinking you drop it on yourself, to excuse yourself.

"Are you mad?" Maathotep spats.

"I-" before you could make up some excuse, a slave boy comes racing towards you with a cloth.

He starts wiping your wet clothes with it, however, this displeased your father greatly.

Because male servants aren't all allowed to be near you.

Maathotep slaps the boy across the face sharply which made the slave back away quickly.

"Why would you do that, father?" you ask, feeling sympathy for the boy.

"Guards seize him" the guards do as they are told, taking grasp of the boy's arms.

"Give him twenty whippings" you gasp.

"Wait! No!" you order, making the guards stop, as you look at Maathotep.

"You can't do that, he has done nothing wrong or horrible to deserve such a punishment"

Maathotep titles his head to the side, his eyes narrowing at you.

"Guards, I have changed my mind" you let out a sigh, thinking that you have changed his mind.

"Instead of giving him twenty whippings, cut off his fingers"