vii. Bombs and lee's

SEVEN Bombs and Lee's

ALICE SAT AT THE BETTING DEN AS SHE WAS FIXING THE NUMBERS THAT DENSE JOHN DIDN'T DO WELL.

Polly came in the betting den witty her coat and hat in hand as Alice looked at her up from the book, " it's a good day. " she said making Alice hum as she went back to the book as Thomas stood over her watching as she was slowly yet gracefully writing the numbers.

" where's John? " he asked as he looked up from Alice and to his aunt. " john is in the Garrison. " she said calmly and Thomas only sighed thinking the worst before his aunt spoke up again. " he says he wants a meeting about a family matter. "

This seemed to catch Alice's attention as she then lightly doodled on the book but still listening intently, " do I get to come? Or am I some rich bitch who shouldn't get to worry about this family? "Asked Alice but was ignored.

" after he said his piece he'll come back and take his place with Scudboat. " Polly said as she fixed her hat that Alice looked at with confusion. Thomas then began to follow his aunt as he sighed once again and didn't spare Alice a glance as she then closed the book already bored.

" Scudboat John will be here in ten minutes! " announced polly. " all right he lazily said as he counted the pounds Thomas rushed after his aunt and glanced at him, " five. " he said and pointed at him. Scudboat then got up with the keys to the betting den and headed over to the door as Alice sat there silently admiring his ass.

While the two didn't know what was going outside the Shelby home Alice decided to make some light conversation.

" so Scudboat, what do you really like about this job? " asked Alice to Scudboat who was still counting the money. He looked up out or respect knowing who Alice was. " well honestly shooting deer. Love it, don't know why though. " he said and Alice only winced. Sure it was fine and very normal to kill a sheep, but deer? Why not just go ahead and kill cats while your at it. Animal. Alice thought to herself as she lost all interest in the man who looked like he could work at the circus.

Alice heard the floorboards creak and she turned her head slowly to the entrance of the betting den that would lead to the Shelby home. Scudboat hadn't seemed to notice her snapping her fingers at him which caused her to sigh frustrated.

" John? " asked Scudboat as he then heard footsteps as well but then returned back to counting after hearing nothing. But Alice stood from her seat slowly and took the keys and immediately left. Thankfully Scudboat didn't notice since he was restarting from the top knowing he didn't know his numbers much. And Alice took that as a chance to get out.