𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 11

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

I sat on the bed, watching Hayley and Elijah look around the abandoned shack. We had learned the night Elijah had undaggered me that Niklaus bite was no different than a normal werewolf bite, meaning we had a short while until the side effects started taking their toll.

During the time Tyler had kidnapped Hayley, she had found out a small amount of information about her family, so in hopes of potentially finding more, she and Elijah skimmed through Dwayne's Belongings.

"You don't have to help. I can dig through the werewolf antique show on my own." she offered, peering through a pile of photos. "shouldn't you put some kind of ointment, or something, on that?" she motioned to the bite on his neck.

"The bite won't kill him, it'll just cause him minor pain. There isn't much more we can do than let it pass." I sighed, chipping away at my nail polish. "Like Niklaus himself, it's more than a nuisance than anything." Elijah added.

"Good." she smiled. "And thanks, by the way, for staying out here. You guys didn't have to." she thanked us both. I tightly smiled, trying my hardest to suppress the actual reason I chose to stay.

"I know. But, you said the people of this village are the only family you have left. I can relate." he shared. The room went silent for a few seconds until Hayley spoke up. "You're thinking about Klaus."

"Yeah..." he cleared his throat. "Perhaps I was too willing to condemn him. In the thousand years that we have been together, my brother has committed numerous unspeakable acts. But, then again, so has Rebekah. So has Rosalie. So have I." he sighed, turning around to face us.

"So did I, the last time I was in Cabo." He confusingly stared at her, hoping she may tell us more. "We've all done bad things. It's just, most people die before the list gets embarrassing. But, don't for a second compare yourself to Klaus."

It began to get harder to breathe as I once again stared at Elijah and Hayley gazing into each other eyes, disregarding the fact I sat merely a meter away. It dawned upon Elijah first what they were unintentionally doing, leading to him lowering his gaze.

Feeling awkward, Hayley followed his lead. "It's like a freaking hot box in here, I'm gonna get some air." she excused herself from the small shack.

I kept my eyes to the ground until the sound of the door closing echoed through the cabin, confirming that Hayley had left the building. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of blatantly let that happen." he awkwardly cleared his throat, genuinely sorry for his actions.