𝟬𝟬𝟱 the art of secretly loving

chapter five the art of secretly loving

chapter five
the art of secretly loving

✵ ✵ ✵

"I could kiss you right now," Arden told Makkari while leaning her head on her shoulder

"What," Druig spoke defensively from his position on the ground in front of the two girls.

"What?" Arden asked, looking up from the ladybug in her hand to look at Druig.

"Nothing," he muttered, looking back down and continuing to draw random lines in the dirt.

Arden watched him, softly smiling at his concentrated face as he seemed to be drawing some animal. She couldn't tell.

"That's a little weird," Makkari told Arden while nudging her shoulder, as if she caught something Arden obviously did not.

"What's a little weird?"

"Nothing is weird," Druig butt in making Makkari send him a teasing smile.

"He doesn't want you to kiss me," Makkari signed.

"Now I didnt say that-"

"Well what else am I supposed to do?" Arden smiled in a teasing manor. "She gave me a lady bug."

"But I-"

"We're just joking around," Makkari told him once she sensed he was getting a little too upset.

He said nothing and just continued drawing in the dirt. Arden watched, putting her head on her hand while still feeling the lady bug crawl on her other hand.

"I'm a little confused on what just happened," Arden whispered softly making Druig look up at her.

They met eyes before hers moved down to the lady bug once again. She watched it crawl to the tip of her fingers before flying away. She frowned, staring at the spot it once was before setting her hand down to drape over her knee.

"How unfortunate," she spoke, her shoulders raising before dropping slowly to indicate a sigh.

Makkari looked over to Arden and frowned when she saw the lack of the lady bugs presence.