Chapter 73

Chapter 73

When Pranee arrived at her brother's room, he looked distressed and Reza looked equally upset. The tension between them was

"Should I come back later?" Pranee asked. Her fingers fiddled with the chain of her necklace while she flitted her eyes between the two.

"Yea—"

"No, it's fine," Reza said through gritted teeth.

Tanet stared at his lover for a few seconds before letting out a ragged exhale. He then turned to Pranee with a forced smile.

"Hi, little sister. What can I do for you?" His words were unnatural and forced but Pranee decided to ignore it to be polite.

"P'Tanet, P'Ritthirong has learned to use magic."

"What?!" Tanet's eyes became wide and he instantly turned to Reza.

Whatever mask they both were wearing had crumbled and they both went back to the states Pranee had seen

"He learned magic now! I need help."

"My hands are tied! I told you I can't supply you with more people after that trial! How would that look on me?"

"Couldn't you do the same thing as last time?"

"My men lost a lot of morale!" Reza shot back. "I'm an emperor not some infinite supply of resources!"

"Please! You know how dangerous this is. I need all the people possible."

"You have your magical sister and that servant boy! You have more than enough people."

"Is this about Anuman again?"

Pranee gaped at the scene, unsure on whether to step out and let them solve their issues or to step in and tell them to stop bickering.

"Pardon, it looks like I got into the middle of a family situation." Shashi had the door open with their toes pressed up against it and they had an uneasy look on their face.

"No." Tanet's voice was strained. "We're perfectly fine."

"I don't believe that but I don't care," they entered the room and closed the door behind them. "I would like to make a deal with my participation in this war."

Tanet ran a hand through his hair. "If it's money, I don't have the funds to give you anything—"

"I want the promise that if we win, I get my tower back." Shashi's eyes were giving off a low golden glow.

The intensity of their stare seemed to surprise Tanet as he blinked a few times before clearing his throat.

"I'll permit it." Tanet had the dignity and grace of a monkey when he said it.

"Thank you, I'll leave you to do with... whatever it was." Shashi eyed the two men and began to make their way out of the room. The two went back to their bickering and Pranee ignored the conversation as her eyes were fixated on Shashi.

Pranee stopped them before they could leave. Her hand rested on their shoulder and gave it a small squeeze, hoping that they would notice. They halted in their steps but wouldn't look back.

"I—"

They looked down at her hand with the same unreadable expression they usually had. She wasn't sure if they were displeased or were just tired.

"—just wanted to ask," she continued. "What would you do if we'd lost?"

"Then I would move back with my mother, Pr— your highness."

She carefully removed her hand from their shoulder. "Ah, okay..."

"Also, think about what I said carefully. Maybe when this war is over, you can make a final decision then."

They left quietly with the door closing with a soft creak.

A decision... did she have much choice in the matter?