29. lost boys like me

queue up the songs and play them in order if you can, the music is very important.

wait - M83
lost boy - ruth b
my tears are becoming a sea - M83

wait - M83lost boy - ruth bmy tears are becoming a sea - M83

A few things that I learned that night:

1. Ambulance rides are horrible. They are so rough, I really expected more gentle transportation for the injured and dying.

2. Ashton had no problem screaming at the paramedics. Her fear of authority dissolved when a loved one was on the line.

3. Harry had never watched someone he knew die.

4. They won't let you smoke in an ambulance, which makes sense but I guess I didn't realize it was a rule.

5. Doctors can run very fast when they're rushing you to an operating room.

6. It's scary to see those bright lights above you and never know if you'll see them again.

7. My friends, my family, they loved me. They loved me more than I could have ever imagined.

I suppose that some part of me really thought that I could chase that car down

I suppose that some part of me really thought that I could chase that car down. I really thought I'd get them, that I'd catch them and somehow make them pay for what they did.

I did, in the end. Not that night, but weeks later, I served my justice with a clean conscience on a rainy evening in a dark alley behind a dumpling shop. It took Liam a while to track down the car because it was stolen and the plates were all swapped out, but our suspicions had ended up being right. It belonged to a member from the small group we had fought with upstate.

The man who shot Louis was the brother of the man I shot that night. He wanted to finish what his brother started, but that backfired on him a bit. I'm sure that he and his brother will enjoy hell together though.

By the time Liam caught up to me the night of the shooting I was throwing up in someone's planter boxes. I had run so hard and for so long that my body just gave out. I was in shock, I was panicking, I was sprayed with blood from the exit wound. That's what had made me sick, I hunched over myself to catch my breath and I'd noticed blood sprayed over my shoes and my pants.