Chapter 116

"Stupefy!"

"Malfoy?" Harry asked, confused as he came out from under the table he'd hidden under when he heard voices.

Draco was cowering behind one of the massive mountains of furniture and random objects as he peeked around the corner, dodging the spell that came his way before firing one back.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Helping you!" the blond boy spat before casting another spell; he should've listened to Rosalee when she said to make sure he wasn't followed.

"Why?"

Draco made a noise of annoyance.

"Is this really the best time to discuss why my cousin does anything?!"

And Draco's argument was valid as he took a stunning spell to the back and crashed to the floor, Harry raising his wand as he prepared to fight.

"Expelliarmus!" called Hermione's voice as she and Ron ran into the room, firing a spell and what turned out to be Crabbe and Goyle.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle fired back, Harry pulling Hermione out of the way as Ron ducked to the side.

"Stupefy!" Hermione yelled, only for her spell to rebound off Crabbe's shield and hit the box containing the Horcrux, Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem, the crown flying to the top of one of the many piles of discarded junk and making Harry's eyes widen in horror.

Ron then let out a battle cry as Draco rose to his feet, watching confused as the redhead chased after them, wand raised as he bellowed, "That's my girlfriend you numpties!"

Hermione had a small smile on her face, thinking back to their kiss in the Chamber of Secrets when they destroyed the Horcrux from Bellatrix's vault, and how there would be many more kisses between them in the future.

"Are you going to stand there all day Granger or help us find the bloody tiara?!" Draco snapped as he and Harry began to scale the pile of furniture, the Slytherin's words bringing Hermione back to reality.

"And why the hell are you here?" Hermione asked as they worked.

"Long story short, Lena trusts him, he helped us, so I trust him," Harry explained quickly as they pulled chairs and tables down from their way, finally making it to where a red sofa lay wedged in the pile.

"I still don't trust you," Hermione glared as they helped lift the sofa up so Harry could stick his arm under it.

Draco merely rolled his blue-grey eyes, the irises being greyer in this moment making them look startlingly like Leona's eyes.

"Well not all of us get the choice to be so ridiculously good all the time, Granger," Draco shot back before Harry exclaimed,

"Got it!"

And sure enough, as Draco and Hermione dropped the couch, Harry's dirt-covered hand gripped the sapphire-studded silver crown tightly.

"Good. Now let's get the hell out of here!" Draco said as they began to climb down, Hermione being surprised when Draco offered her a hand to help her down, the boy not even aware of what he'd done as they all landed on the floor and heard the sound of Ron's voice.

And then it grew bright. And warm.

"GOYLE'S SET THE BLOODY PLACE ON FIRE!" Ron screamed as he grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her behind him as he ran.

And a snake made of flames hissed at them as the two boys ran.