18.

Memories ~ The Secrets Of the Bay.

"When an innocent dies by the edge of the cliff overlooking the expanse of the sea, the waters will rage in defiance of the death, the spirits of sea will not take that life but rather will deliver mercy upon it, giving new life, wiping away their tears and giving them a fate which does not have death knocking on their door." Luna Hunt spoke as she, her son and two other wolves, his friends, stood near the cliff, her words weren't lost on them and they were definitely paying attention because this is where two of them had thrown Saint over to be devoured by the sea. "That's just a myth mother, a wivestale meant to scare children into obedience." Renallo argued as he tried to block out the welling guilt in his stomach, it was crippling. "That may be so, but every myth, every legend and every tale has some truth to them, some more than we think and could never imagine." The Luna argued but her argument was also her conclusion on the matter.

"Come, we must go to the stones in the alcove where the new alpha and beta shall place their stones and hope the water will not make them fall because it would be a bad omen." The luna yet again spoke a myth making Renallo groan. "Mother please, dad said he placed his stone as leader and it fell, he placed it back , that doesn't mean its true, his life wasn't ruined." Renallo spoke with annoyance making frown lines appear by his forehead, the Luna wanted to argue tell Renallo that his father almost lost his life twice when the stone fell, only when he put it back was there peace in his life, these were secrets of the bay, secrets of the pack even if they seemed like myth, she never said anything though, she nodded as they made their way down, his friends were silent, they couldn't stand being near the place they defiled Saint, luckily the alcove they were going down under into was nowhere near the place.

"The sands and waters of the sea remember, all the things that happen, much like the old trees remember the past." Luna Hunt spoke wisely another secret as she led the boys to the alcove but none of them paid her any mind as they made it to the water just above the alcove. "There is a pocket of air in the cave you'll be fine, but you must each go by yourself because the future is uncertain and one must be ready to stand alone at all times." The luna stated without giving away her thoughts, she wanted to see how this panned out, if ever the boys could stand on their own two feet and face the world alone...

~|~|~

Renallo Hunt.

I should really learn and stay away from tall buildings, I had a knack for falling from them, one day I wouldn't be so lucky to survive such a fall, my wolf agreed as I finally snapped my leg back into place, I stood there, as cars passed by and people barely noticed that I had fallen from such a high level, I myself didn't care, what I cared about was the man who I had been talking to, his words, his mannerisms, his whole being, it made me ache, it drew me in only to crush me, what I had done to Saint wasn't something anyone would forgive me for, I betrayed him and now even though I was three quarters sure he had nothing to do with my friend's deaths, I wanted to go to him and tell him to stop, to forgive us all, my wolf was prideful though, he wanted to show Saint his place, even if we did want forgiveness there was a part of us that also wanted to be accepted, he was our mate, which was ridiculous to think of, he was nolonger the boy I knew, he was someone I never knew  and would never know.

Walking down the road with flashy lights and stores still operating it made me forget the buzz in my head, the continuous memories that bombarded me, of my mother warning me not to betray my mate, Saint telling me he loved me, lying to him that I'd be his, and he'd be mine but all I did was use him, and lastly the conversation we just had, he stood his ground, he was strong, and he would surely kill his sister if he ever found out she was alive and was the one who betrayed their family, letting them be slaughtered for her own protection, it made me snicker and also sick, I was indeed a monster, I knew that.

As I entered pack territory I finally felt it, the guilt crashing down on me, what would Carson do when he found out I did it, how would he react, would he still carry our child, would he still look me the same way or I would be the monster everyone else saw, I couldn't face him now, so I shifted and headed for the woods  weaving past trees and fallen logs in a blur of speed, I came to stop by the largest tree in the forest, memories of Saint and I there making a stupid promise to one another that the world would never separate us and indeed it didn't separate us, my eagerness to please my father, my greed and pride separated us and I hurt him so badly that the damage could never  reversed and if ever he wanted to get even his wrath was warranted.

Sniffing the tree traces of him were there, how I could scent him out was a mystery since the lock and chain we tied our promise to had faced the weather for so many years, but his scent still remained, apples, vanilla and cinnamon, the scent finally elicited a whimper to escape my wolf and in that moment I took off headed anywhere but there, I couldn't take it standing there anymore, he was my mate, I was supposed to love him, yet I didn't, I had him killed, he didn't die though, he lived, he lived for someone else, he was happier, he had a family, it was supposed to be our family, they would be my children but they weren't now, he was someone else's and I was sure he would never love me not in any way, so that only created a hole in me, a void of nothing buy pain, regret and misery, a void I created for myself without anyones help, I would suffer alone and I wasn't sure I could survive it.

My wolf gave over control as we stood by the cliff overlooking the sea, the sea was peaceful tonight as beyond the sunset colour slowly faded just like how I knew our lives would slowly fade as well, I shoved aside the negativity that plagued me and brought me to my knees only focused on finding my balance, my peace and I did atleast for a moment.

As hours passed with me sleeping there I realized that the only way to deal with whatever was going on was to let it happen, this was my fault so I had to take the punishment, leaving the open area I made my way into the opening of the woods where I had come from and slumped down to rest, I was exhausted, Edwards in his wolf form made his way to where I was, I made no move to stand and he seemed too burdened to say anything, the wolf flopped down next to me and we slept, keeping each other warm and finally mourning  our friends without any idea where Leeland was, I just knew he was gone, my connection to his mind was gone, I couldn't feel it anymore, try as I might there was nothing hence why I mourned.

"We never found him, whatever happened to him, its the same thing that happened to Necmi, Renallo what should we do, how do we fight this, clearly someone is killing us off one by one and we know its someone after us otherwise they would have killed other wolves from the pack." Edwards argued strongly as we sat in the morning sun naked with bloodied hands since we hunted a deer for breakfast. "There is nothing we can do, these are our sins coming to haunt us, all we can do is pray for mercy and be thankful that our families aren't being dragged into this, we don't know our enemy, you've been watching Saint this past week, he hasn't done anything to make him the one killing us and hiring people to do that wouldn't be ideal, they wouldn't know how to deal with a wolf." I argued shocking Edwards. "So it is him." The wolf beside me whispered and I nodded, we both sighed looking at the sea, I didn't know what to do except know that the next person who was going to be taken from me was Edwards, and nothing would stop the murderer even if we tried, all we could do was hope to survive the fury of karma. "The bay has its secrets." Edwards mumbled as he stood up. "Let's celebrate what could've been a good life, I don't want to regret not having told my mate and kids that I loved them." He states sadly and I nod standing up aswell, I had to make sure I had no regrets, death was coming.

+++

LMJ