Six

Dinner was with the Duke. A man of such rank and honor, but somehow friends with her brother. Now, she finally got to see a good glimpse of how he looks, and how he acts.

Benedict joked, "Haven't you heard what we're talking about? For all we know, Whistledown may be some interloper living in Bloomsbury, of all places."

"What should be so terrible about Bloomsbury? That people there actually work for a living?" Colin said.

"She seems to be someone with access." Emmeline hypothesized, "How could she know what happens at the balls? And how could she send out papers free of charge?"

"Perhaps the help?" Daphne added onto what she said.

"Who knows if Whistledown is even a she?"

"Fair point." Anthony declared.

"Because she is simply too good to be anyone but a man?" Eloise started.

When it came to social topics, Eloise was always Emmelines favorite when talking about them. They had all the same thoughts, yet she wasn't scared to say them as she didn't wish to be viewed differently in society.

"I think it's quite obvious it's Lady Danbury." Francesca proclaimed.

"Lady Danbury likes to share her insults with the public directly. She would never bother writing them all down." Daphne explained to her younger sister.

"Could it be Lady Featherington?" Hyacinth wonder.

"No!" The Bridgerton children laughed.

"You have yet to see what Lady Whistledown writes of the Featheringtons, little sister." Eloise said.

Emmeline noticed that the Duke was enjoying this. It wasn't special, it was just family dinner. His smirk sort of annoyed her.

"He does have a presence about him." Francesca whispered to the twins.

"Is it one of entitlement?" Emme jested.

"If rakish dukes were one's thing." Eloise said as she ate.

"Well, I hope to marry him some day. Or, someone like him." Francesca stated.

"You mean, a man in power?" Emmeline asked.

"Sure."

"You are regarding subjects much too advanced for your age, sister." Eloisr responded.

"If I may remind you, I am only a few years younger than you." Francesca snapped back.

"That's years of wisdom, Francesca." Emmeline smirked. "But you yet to have those years, so I'm sure you just couldn't know any of it."

"Well played, sister." Eloise smiled.