16.

Memories ~ Just how strong

Two wolves circled each other, one completely dark with no sign of any other colour on its body and the other silver, and like the dark one it had no other colour on its body, it was as if it was made from the snow beneath them, in a single baited breath the darker wolf lunged for its opponent, it didn't hold back slashing outward with its sharp claws but there was no impact, its opponent was fast, and just as it noticed where the silver wolf was, it was knocked back hurtling into a tree that moaned from the impact and the birds above shrieked flying away, without giving a chance to rest or get its bearings right the silver wolf attacked again, slashing at the abdomen of the dark wolf then sinking its fangs into the tough skin of its neck, a hiss of pain escaped from the jaws of the dark wolf as it retaliated using its left hind leg to push the silver wolf away and attack viciously than before, the two wolves rolled on the now bloody snow, biting, breaking and fighting for dominance over the other.

Rolling once more as the silver wolf's jaw snapped just near the dark wolf's neck, it was a show  of strength that surprised even the two alphas standing back to watch the fight play out. "How is he this strong?" Lincoln questioned as he looked at his father in astonishment. "I myself am surprised but this was meant to happen, he's coming into his power." Kyro senior replied as he turned back to watch the dark wolf's leg get broken between the jaws of the silver wolf but it wasn't as if the silver wolf was doing any between, it had claw marks littered on it's body and its right hind leg was also healing from being broken, the two wolves rolled again, clawing at each other's exposed bellies, they didn't notice the tree they knocked themselves into until they hit it, it broke them up temporarily as on one side the dark wolf staggered to its four paws just as the silver stood strongly to its own, it was healing rapidly, both were, just as the silver lunged again in a ferocious growl and unbelievable speed, the opponent was taken by surprise just as a claw hit its jaw effectively breaking it, the assault didnt stop there as the wolf with a broken jaw tried to get up but was thrown into the previous tree which broke at the point of impact this time, what also broke were the bones of the dark wolf. "That's enough." Senior asserted as the two wolves flopped to the bloody ground in exhaustion.

"Have you been doing secret training?" Lincoln asked suspiciously, making the wolf on the ground snicker, bones snapped back into place as fur became skin and snout along with fangs became a normal human face with long lower back flowing hair, Senior and Lincoln had looked away as Saint shifted from his silver wolf into his human self, he quickly wore his shorts as did Kyro but neither of them were bothered with the view of each other, they rather enjoyed it. "You are getting stronger, I can't believe you took me down this time." Kyro praised as he looked at Saint in utter adoration. "Just how strong are you apples?" Lincoln asked as he looked at his best friend who chuckled. "I myself don't know, I discover something new about myself each day." Saint replied honestly, he did find something new each day.

~|~|~

Saint Drake Dante

The death of Jacob was public news now, how he died was still a mystery even to me and somehow I was okay with that, I didn't care for the man and him being dead meant one less evil person in the world, but my kids being so close to the incident was something I didn't like, want or want a repeat of, so I attended the festival with my mate and my little brother, it was important we show that we sympathized with the wolves of the Niari pack, so we had to stay, that also meant I had to deal with Alpha Renallo Hunt's ever growing suspicious looks, I barely cared about it but it was annoying and at some time I was going to tell him to stop, that moment wasn't now though, I had plans that I had put on hold because of the Niari pack's dirty laundry or rather dirty wolves being dragged into light, not anymore, I was going to be happy, their issues weren't mine.

"Cheers!" I cheered happily as my family and I were in the Saint foundation building specifically the large kitchen which had been constructed beautifully. "I have to say, this will change lives, a lot of people in Sandton need a place like this." Jonathan who I had invited spoke as he sipped his wine, he was sitting next to Meredith because even though he was Deniz's mate this was the first time they were meeting him, the dinner I had planned ended up with me just doing something special for my mate alone, this was for the family, the foundation and the family to meet Jonathan, safe to say it was going rather well, more than I expected.

"So tell us Jonathan, what are your long term goals?" Kyro asked making me wish I had more ice tea right about now since I couldn't drink alcohol, here we go with the interrogation, after days of sex to bargain with him not to interrogate the poor man, he had just done so, welp, I tried. "My long term goal would be to settle down somewhere, start my own family one day, goddess willing." He replied making Meredith coo and Deniz look at him like the stars shined brighter with him around. "Sweet, but that's a fantasy, the real world expects you to have a stable job, a plan for the future and your current present, you're a Hunt, you're no stranger to your family's darkness, I'm not judging since we have our own darkness but I will make you choose." Senior stated effectively making Deniz, Meredith and Jonathan sigh, Jonathan more so being pale and his lips moving up and down like a fish out of water. "Dad." I warned giving him a glare that spoke of my unhappiness with his blunt response. "You don't have to answer that Jonathan, not now atleast, if you can Senior and Kyro would like to meet up with you when they get Lincoln from the airport tomorrow." I asserted looking at the two alphas who looked at me wearily, Jonathan slowly swallowed before nodding. "By Lincoln you—" He tried to ask but Deniz replied first. "My other older brother, you'll like him." He stated only for me to snicker as I realized I had just sent Jonathan into the literal den of wolves they would enjoy torturing the poor soul but if he couldn't defend himself against them or talk his way out of it, with honesty ofcourse, then he should really consider not being Deniz's mate, to love a Dante was to love his family.

"Yeah why not." Jonathan finally mumbled and I felt sorry but he had to learn now before they went further. "Now everyone mom and I made this dinner to be enjoyed, you can have your talk whenever, right now, enjoy the food." I announced happily as the jovial mood returned and I smiled happily at Meredith who was looking at me fondly, I had called her mom, I rarely did and I understood why she loved it each time I did, it meant she felt accepted, in a way she hoped she would be, we ate, we laughed, the kids were happy and my life felt complete. "So how is the alpha doing today?" I asked with a cheeky grin and Senior smacked my arm lightly. "I'm alright, I have another grandbaby on the way, a boy no less." He whispered so lowly that I only heard him and my shock was amusing to him. "How did you—how did you even know, we can't determine gender yet too." I argued and he scoffed. "You're cranky, mood swinging, you're not drinking wine, at breakfast you ordered without adding coffee, also when you carried Kyro and Emory you were attached to Lincoln like he was your second mate, hence why you called him crying for him to come early." He surmised shocking me and I was speechless indeed, he noticed all those things. "You're my favourite child, I always notice." He added making me sigh, what could I do, before I could say something the door was suddenly slammed opened. "Where is he, where is he?!" Alpha Renallo Hunt yelled.

+++

LMJ