Assemble for the Battle! CH-36

Ash and Serena made their way over to the battle arena because professor Sycamore had an assembly planned. They took a seat beside their friends and Ash and Serena sat next to eachother. At Ash's other side sat Gary and on Serena's other side sat Shauna.

When Ash looked over at the battlefield where he battled Calem earlier, he saw a big stage set up.

Gary: Man... They sure did their best to set this up...

Ash: Yeah, It's kinda cool if you ask me... Do they do this every time when there is an assembly Serena?

Serena: From the ones I've seen, yes.

Ash: Awesome...

When everybody gathered in the arena, Professor Sycamore went on stage and walked towards the microphone. When he arrived, he took a deep breath and started to speak.

Sycamore: Goodmorning students! Thanks for coming to this assembly. I'll be discussing three important points with you all.

"First point I want to start off with is that there will be a new student joining our glorious academy. He will join us in the upcoming week and he will be joining some of your classes."

2nd point of the agenda is that upcoming monday, the 2nd and the 3rd lesson won't go as normal.

"This is about your battle Ash!" Serena said as unknowingly she hugged Ash's arm.

Ash: Yeah! But you're kinda hurting my arm...

Serena noticed she was holding his arm rather tight and let go of it while she blushed. She was a bit embarrassed that she did that but she soon felt better as Ash gave her a warm smile.

Sycamore: Monday, the 2nd and the 3rd lesson will be in this arena. We've got a couple of students who will be participating in the World League and they will take on the first of the 10 gyms in order to qualify. As you know our school champion is one of those students and you all also know that the battles of our school champion will be broadcasted live so we can use it for teaching!

The whole arena started to celebrate, they didn't have go to their regular lessons, instead they could watch Ash's gym battle. When everyone quiet down a bit, professor Sycamore continued.

Sycamore: Our school champion Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak, non other than the grandson of professor Oak will be battling for their first World League gym badge!

Now the whole stadium started to cheer even louder.

Shauna: Ash and Gary, are you sure you can handle this pressure?

Both Ash and Gary looked confused at her until Ash spoke up.

Ash: Sure! I've battled infront of even larger crowds. Remember when I battled in the Kalos League? There was atleast 3 times more people to watch me back then.

Gary: Yeah! And I've also battled in the Indigo and Jotho League! Besides as grandson of the famous professor Oak, I'm kinda used to be the centre of attention.

"You sure are Gary..." Ash said as he put his face into his hand.

Serena and Shauna giggled about Gary's big headed behaviour but soon professor Sycamore continued speaking so they focussed their attention back to the stage.

As last point I want to talk about a battle tournament We're gonna be having here in a few weeks.

After hearing those words the whole stadium erupted in cheers. After what looked like 20 minutes they quiet down and the professor continued.