Chapter 119: Baize

The Kunpeng glanced around. A few little yaoguai were cowering timidly at their hiding spot in the corner, looking entirely like they wanted to eavesdrop but didn't dare to. He glared at the Baize with knitted brows. "W-What barrier? You haven't appeared for so many years, what did you suddenly run here for?"

"The sealing barrier of course," The Baize was all smiles. "After being sealed at the bottom of the sea for 4200 years, was your memory also sealed?"

Understanding suddenly appeared on the faces of the little eavesdropping yao. It turned out that Kunpeng daren hadn't been resting at the bottom of the sea but was sealed by another great yao.

"Uncle Kunpeng, my mom said that good yaoguai won't casually lie," A little ox yao with horns on their head walked over to the Kunpeng, their expression perplexed. "But you're my good friend, so I decided I won't dislike you."

"I really can't thank you any more, little calf," The Kunpeng picked up the little ox yao and tossed him into the arms of the yaoguai at the side who were watching the excitement. "Little yaoguai shouldn't create a disturbance when great yao are speaking."

The Kunpeng was a little angry now that the fact he had been sealed for more than four thousand years was exposed. If this was the time when he first left the sea, he would probably already be fighting with the Baize now. But after personally seeing how heavenly law had struck the God of Pestilence to death with lightning, he had a faint inkling of the truth behind a certain incident. Perhaps the Baize and the rest hadn't created trouble out of nothing that year, but had done so to save his life.

With such a thought, it was a bit awkward for him to meet the Baize again. He momentarily didn't know whether he ought to get angry at him or thank him.

"What are all of you doing gathered around here?" Zhang Ke was bringing files down when he saw many yao cultivators surrounding the entrance. Even the Kunpeng, who usually didn't appear much in front of other yao cultivators, was also standing on the steps. His curiosity ignited, Zhang Ke stretched his neck over to take a look.

Curiosity had really deeply penetrated the genes of humans. Even people who stepped onto the path of cultivation were no different. Zhang Ke was an example of this.

"Captain Zhang," A court lady painting yao at the front counter spoke softly. "There's a man surnamed Bai outside who came searching for Fu Li daojun. But Kunpeng daren seems to know this Mr Bai and..." The female yao lowered her voice. "And this Mr Bai said that Kunpeng daren wasn't sleeping at the bottom of the sea for a few thousand years but was sealed during those years."

"Really?" Zhang Ke was instantly invigorated. The fact that the man surnamed Bai dared to directly say such things to the Kunpeng meant that he had incredible strength. However, he was also a yao Fu ge knew. Was there some unknown secret between all this?

Who would have expected the Kunpeng standing on the steps to suddenly turn back and glare at Zhang Ke and the court lady painting yao. "You think I can't hear what you two are muttering about?"

Zhang Ke and the female yao: ...

"You've become quite promising in the more than four thousand years we haven't met, actually daring to bellow at juniors whose ages don't even have the same number of zeroes as you," The Baize set foot on the steps. "Forget it, forget it. I'm in a hurry to find my family's child, I won't talk all this nonsense with you."

"Your family's child?" The Kunpeng's brows creased. "What child?" A vague conjecture took shape in his heart.

"Uncle Bai!" Fu Li ran out of the passage. Upon catching sight of the Baize, he let out a pleasantly surprised shout, did a rabbit hop, and arrived in front of the Baize. "It's really you?!"