Peek at my superhero AU

Puffy groaned as she looked over Tommy and Toby's files.

The little boxes that parents left feedback in were scribbled angrily in red.

Toby winced as he saw some of the words.

Puffy exhaled, long and low.

"You guys. Seriously? I thought you said you liked these people this time!"

Tom looked at the floor. "Their cat is ugly. And he scratches."

Elaine shook her head. "That's no reason to run away from them!"

Tom shrugged. Puffy sighed.

"Guys. I understand that families don't click. It happens. I understand that some kids are luckier than others. But, you guys do realize that every family that wanted two teenage boys are now gone? You can't be a package deal anymore. You have to be separated."

"What?!" Tommy cried. 

Elaine shook her head.

"I'm not even supposed to pressure families like I did to take in both of you. And I did give you warnings. You'll have to go to different families now." 

Toby shook his head. Hot tears were blinked back.

Elaine shuffled her family files. 

"We have a family coming in today. They're looking for a kid. One of you is probably going to get fostered, since it is an all men family and the rest of the kids here are mostly girls now."

Tommy shook his head. "We can just run again," he sneered.

Puffy looked at him, eyes dark.

"I know what you're thinking, Tomathy. Run back to your secret Vigilante Headquarters? With all the other boys from the orphanage that are there? The ones I'm in legal custody of? Marcus, Grayson, Jack."

Toby looked at Tommy. 

Neither seemed too surprised that Miss. Elaine knew about the vigilante headquarters, and the other boys.

(READ MORE AT MY SUPERHERO AU BOOK)