Chapter 120: Recollection Mirror

Bang!

The door was pushed open forcefully from the outside and the Kunpeng walked in with a heavy expression. When the usually lazy-looking Kunpeng didn't smile, it was a somber realization for everyone that he wasn't an ordinary yao cultivator but a famous, ancient great yao.

The Baize furrowed his brows slightly. With a wave of his hand, he indicated for the two juniors to stand at the side. "Kunpeng, what do you want to do?"

"What happened that year?!" The Kunpeng arrived in front of the Baize. "Countless great yao vanished without a trace and among the yao cultivators of the ancient era, some slept, some were sealed, and others died. Was it seriously the..."

"Since you already guessed it, why come and ask me?" The Baize pointed at the seat at the side. "Why so aggressive? If you have something to say, sit properly and say it."

The Kunpeng sat down accordingly before returning to his senses. Why did he have to listen to the Baize and sit just because he said so? How embarrassing was that? But since he had already sat down, standing up again would be even more embarrassing.

"All right, you're a great lord, don't be so pretentious in your behavior," The Baize raised his chin. "Sit properly."

Fu Li pulled Zhuang Qing over to the side to take a seat. Taking out a platter of fruits from his Qiankun pouch, he placed it between him and Zhuang Qing. "Let's eat fruits while listening to them talk."

"Here's some nuts too," Fu Li fished out some hickory, peanuts, and whatnot before taking out two bottles of spiritual essence – one each for him and Zhuang Qing.

The Kunpeng's profusely imposing manner vanished the instant he heard the crunching of nuts. He waved a hand at Fu Li in distaste. "Can't you go out to eat? Must you be a bother here?"

"Oh?" Fu Li's mouth was stuffed full of hickory kernels, his face brimming with innocence.

"And you!" The Kunpeng pointed at Zhuang Qing, saying disgruntledly, "Your past maturity and steadiness was all in vain, what have you been learning from Fu Li to end up like this?"

Zhuang Qing looked at him expressionlessly. He silently pinched a hickory kernel and placed it in Fu Li's hands.

"Forget it..." The Kunpeng hung his shoulders in disappointment. "No wonder the humans say that we take on the attributes of whoever we associate with – you've been corrupted by this rabbit."

"What nonsense are you spouting? Our family's Little Li is clever and cute, how could he corrupt anyone?" The Baize aimed a kick at the stool underneath the Kunpeng's buttocks. "Speaking badly of our family's child warrants a beating."

"Already four thousand years old and he's still a child?" The Kunpeng sneered. Suddenly, he asked, "How old is Fu Li this year?"

"What business is it of yours?" The Baize wrinkled his brows.

"Before I was dragged out of the sea, pummeled on the shore by you guys, and then sealed in the sea, I heard the sound of crying that seemed to shake the world..." The Kunpeng's gaze on Fu Li gradually turned dangerous. "I was sleeping perfectly fine at that time. After being awakened by the child, I was just about to go out and see what yaoguai was crying when I was seized by you guys and sealed."

Fu Li shifted towards Zhuang Qing. Zhuang Qing sat a little further up front, coincidentally blocking Fu Li.

The Kunpeng: ...

He couldn't stay in this rotten human world any longer.

The Kunpeng stood up in a huff. "Your entire family of yao bullied one of me!"