Chapter fifteen

When Cassiopeia arrived home at Malfoy manor she could hear Narcissa in Draco's room still coddling him, she rolled her eyes and locked herself in her room writing a short letter to her new friend Neville thanking him for all his help and letting him know she got home okay. Once the owl had flown away she showered the days chaos off her and climbed into bed.

She had been trying to sleep for over two and a half hours and the clock on her bedside table told her it was almost two in the morning and her head was buzzing with idiotic thoughts. The dark lord, her father, Bellatrix, why did she have to be a part of all this mess. She would give anything to be born into a normal boring family that didn't have any ties to despicable wizarding politics and blood supremacy. War I suppose.

Finally giving up on the thought of getting too sleep she climbed out of bed and made her way to Draco's room, no surprise Narcissa had fallen asleep in a chair by the window and Draco had a half drank sleeping potion on his side table. Without a second thought she took the potion and drained the rest of it before climbing into the bed next to him releasing a heavy sigh.

"Cassie, are you okay?" Narcissa whispered as she stirred in the chair.

"Fine. Just having trouble sleeping recently" she told her sister before pulling Draco's duvet cover up to her neck so her face was shielded.

"Oh, I'm sorry about leaving you today but I had to mend Draco's arm" she was standing now looking at her son.

"Honestly don't worry about it, you can go now he'll be fine with me" she motioned her eyes too the door.

Narcissa nodded and took a deep breath before she spoke again, "I'm glad you both have each other Cass. Good night"

Cassie grumbled a response and then closed her eyes drifting off asleep almost instantly thanks to the potion.

———————————————————————

The days following the incident in the park Cassie wrote to Neville every day and she had arranged to meet him in diagonally on the 25th and she was excited to finally see him again.

She hadn't told Draco about her new friend which had led to him being annoyed at her so when they arrived at diagonally on the 25th Draco was in a mood.

"Will you get your head out of your arse please" Cassie complained.

"Language Cassiopeia" Narcissa half laughed.

"Why are you hiding it from me then" Draco crossed his arms.

"I'm not hiding anything, I'm allowed to have my own friends" she squinted at him.

"I'm not saying that you can't but I'd just like-" he was cut of by his mum hitting both him and Cassie on the back of the head.

"If the pair of you carry on bickering I'll send you home and get your school things myself" Narcissa shook her head.

"Sorry" the pair of them said in unison.

"Aren't you meeting Pansy and Theodore here" Narcissa said as they stopped outside the leaky cauldron.

"Yeah, could you get our books for us and we'll meet you in half an hour" Draco gave his mum the best pleading look.

"Okay just stay together" she kissed each of there heads and headed off down the street.

"Come on misery guts, I'll get you a butterbeer" Cassie took Draco's hand and dragged him behind her.

They sat in a booth and were soon talking again once their friends had joined them and they were all laughing about Draco breaking his arm because of cassie's clumsy ways.