19❀

"Mommy?"

     "Mommy?"

     "Yes, little one?"

      "Am I your bestie?" My toddler asks me.

      We were currently in my apartment, just laying in the living room watching Netflix. Zameer went to go grab something from his apartment so it was just us.

     "Of course, baby! Am I yours?" I reply to her.

     "Hehe, yes!"

     "Why are you asking? That was so random." I say, moving her to sit on my stomach instead of laying on my chest.

     "Well, these girls in my class were calling each other besties and stuffs, and I didn't know what a bestie was so I asked them and they said it's a really really close buddy. I asked if they were my bestie, and they said no. But you're my bestie so it's okay." She says, smiling innocently at me.

     I want to cry. My poor baby. I will fight those brats. Stupid kids.

     "Well, Nie-Nie is your bestie, Shay is your bestie, Jackie is your bestie-"

     "And Nura, and Nana, and Pap-Pap, and Daddy!"

     ...

     I freeze when she exclaims the word, "daddy" throwing her hands up and clapping and giggling.

     "W-Who's daddy baby?"

     She giggles and covers her mouth before answering.

     "It's Zee silly!"

      Just then, I hear the front door close. I freeze up again and slowly turn my head to look at the door.

     Zameer was standing there with wide eyes and two bags in his hands.

     Well, this is a bit awkward.

     Heh.

     "W-what'd you say?" Zameer stutters out. Well, that's a first. He's normally oozing confidence.

     "Daddy!" Echo squeals before springing from my arms and rushing over to Zameer, who is still standing there like an idiot.

     "Uhm, hey pretty girl!" He says, swooping her up before giving me an awkward smile, which I reciprocate.

     "Hello!" She giggles, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

     He carries her to the kitchen where he rests her onto the counter and places the two bags onto it.

     I stand up and dust myself off before walking towards them.

     He brought us two bags of food. I want to marry this man.

     "Love, I think we should talk?" He says, unloading the bags and raising an eyebrow at me.

     Oh boy.