Chapter 18

Regret.

The word is enough to express what one feels.

Anisha and Abhimanyu both had several regrets when it comes to the first six months of their life together. But the thought that the day when it all was tied down, was itself such a huge day for Anisha and Abhimanyu had unknowingly killed her dreams and aspirations while promising her to build them together!

What kind of justice was this!

Life really played it's card well. To top it all, Abhimanyu was unaware of it till date. How was he supposed to make amends?

The entire time after that brutal revealation Abhimanyu had crawled back into his shell. He had disregarded the fact that Anisha was there and it was their first date! What he wanted at the moment was to question their fathers, 'Why?'

The storm was brewing but Abhimanyu can never disrespect food and that is why he didn't act out of his instinct. They had their meal in silence and returned home in silence.

The food played magic with his hunger and the tires of his brain instead of being stuck in the muddle found their way back to the road.
As they reached home he threw his thoughts at his wife and to say her reaction was out of the world, was the least.

There she stood since the last five minutes. Eyes wide, mouth open and lost. It was as if she could not believe what was happening.

" Anisha?" He called out.

No response.

" Anisha?" He waved his hand in front of her eyes.

No response.

" ANISHA!" his voice boomed and snapped her out of her dreamland.

" Yes?" She asked timidly frightened of the raise in his voice.

" I'm sorry. I had to shout. You were not responding to my earlier attempts. "

She nodded.

" What happened?" She asked.

" Anisha." He sighed, " I asked would you like to give the entrance?"

" You really did ask that?" She mumbled to herself and unknowingly a sob and few tears followed suit.

He could not bear it anymore.

" I did." He whispered.

" Abhimanyu..." and she broke down into full blown sobs.

He had enough. He pulled her into his chest and gathered her into his arms. She was his to protect. Her vulnerable site only his to be seen. He caressed her head while she cried her heart out.

When she was done, she looked up at him. He was already looking at her wary of her reaction.

" Abhimanyu..."

He wiped the tears off her cheeks and stared straight into her eyes, waiting for her further words.

She took a deep breath and simply said, " Thank you."

" Why?" He asked confused.

" Because... Because you asked me the question I have been dreading to even think about. I...I had just buried the wish of being lawyer deep inside and you...you had me..." She couldn't complete the sentence.

Abhimanyu wiped the new tears and cradled her face in his hands. " You know Anisha, when dad asked you about that job or study thing. I thought you would choose studying but you chose job. I thought this is what you want. Till date I never even gave it a thought that you wanted to study further. Your dreams were so brutally buried and I played a part in it, as well. I am sorry."

Anisha shaked her head, silently reprimanding him for his thoughts. " Abhimanyu, you gave me this job despite knowing I had turned rustic. You pushed me out of my comfort zone. You have not killed my dreams, please. You have rather helped me..."

Abhimanyu joined their foreheads and said nothing.

The gesture was enough

After a few minutes they pulled back and Anisha became aware of the surroundings. They were still in the parking, just outside their house!

Abhimannyu watched her change in expression and before he could say something, " Abhi...we are in the parking!"

" So?" He asked, amused.

" Kya So? Humne free show de diya itne logo ko! Jaldi, room chalo!" ( What so? We gave free entertainment to so many people! Quick, let's go inside!)

He laughed at her and followed her inside the house. Thankfully they had the keys and everyone was inside their rooms. So Anisha quickly ran inside her room and flopped down on the bed.

Abhimanyu joined her a few seconds later and just pulled her into his arms.

" You did not reply to my question." He mumbled into her hair.

She looked up at him and said, " Yes. I would very much like to give my entrance. But."

" But?" He asked.

" Are you asking me this because I'm just a graduate and no match to what you are?" She mumbled faster than ever.

" Slow down your brain! How could you even think that!" He locked their eyes in a staring battle and shot her insecure self down with his eyes.

" You are brilliant and to have you by my side, is definitely a pleasure. Whether you are a graduate or not. What matters is this." He pointed at her heart. " And I know it is pure and mine." He kissed her forehead in conclusion.

Anisha blushed a full blown red.

Abhimanyu simply stared at the blush and he could not control his lips when they puckered up and planted several kisses on her red cheek.

Anisha turned redder if it was possible and Abhimanyu chuckled at her. He made themselves comfortable on the bed and pulled her completely to himself. There was no space in between and pulled the duvet to cover them.

" Good night, baby."

Anisha nuzzled her head into his neck and kissed his Adam's apple, " Good night."

They drifted into sleep hoping for a beautiful tomorrow.