Part 36

Hi hi! So before we start, I just wanted to let you know that I change a decent bit of the manga chapters in this chapter! I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to put my spin on it and include Akira! Love you guys! PS: It's sad and the song above is for a moment of the chapter!

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Darkness.

Nothing but darkness.

That's all he's seen for a while, he couldn't remember for how long.

Weeks?

Months?

Years even?

It didn't-

Rain poured down onto the ground in the graveyard, the only sounds being the muffled raindrops hitting the ground. In the middle of the graveyard sat the grave of one Akira Baji, directly next to his brother, Keisuke.

Suddenly, a quiet pounding began to sound out from the ground, not that anyone was around to hear it. After a few seconds, the dirt suddenly dispersed, a hand shooting up out of it. If anyone had been around, they might've thought that the zombie apocalypse had started. A dirty black-haired man climbed from the ground, clawing his way back from the dead.

Akira sat on his hands and knees, staring at the ground as his mind began to flood with memories of a life he'd yet to live. They were scattered, he couldn't remember what was going on, who was saying what.

"Come on down, I'll settle your score."

"I- entrust everything to you- Aki."

"I guess everyone gets betrayed in the end."

"Akira, you're going to stand firm with them, simply because loyalty is your savior and your curse."

"Goodbye, my pride."

Akira took a deep breath, sucking in as much air into his lungs as he could. Coughs began to echo throughout the graveyard before he finally puked.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you okay?" An older voice asked as Akira took deep breaths, trying to calm his mind and body. He didn't understand what was going on, he couldn't understand it. What happened? Why did Akira feel bigger, it was like he gained fifty pounds of muscle and grown four inches.

"What- What happened? Where's Takemichi?" Akira groaned, looking up to the older man who furrowed his eyebrows at the man.

"Takemichi? I'm sorry but I have no idea who that is. Do you need some help? Would you like me to call someone?" The man asked causing Akira to quickly nod, the older man handing his phone to Akira.

He cocked his head back at the phone, it being like something he'd never seen. There were no keys or buttons at all for that matter. The old man quickly reached over and tapped the phone icon, Akira shaking his head as he hesitantly typed in Asahi's number. The phone rang for a second before it was picked up.

"H-Hello?" A quiet voice asked out into the phone, one which definitely wasn't his best friend.

"Hi- Is uh, Is Asahi there?" Akira mumbled, his heart pounding nearly outside of his chest as he awaited the response. There wasn't one for a second before Akira heard a small sniffle.

"Is this some sort of prank call?!" A loud feminine voice asked out, the sound of the other person snatching the phone coming from the speaker.

"W-What?! No, Asahi is my best friend- I'm just trying to get into contact with him!" Akira responded before coughing. There was a silence on the phone before the woman responded in a quieter voice.