34.| ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʟʟ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR.
34. you can't save them all.
❝ I WON'T LET ANYTHING HAPPEN
TO YOU. ❞

MALIK GASPS AWAKE TO the sounds of the police sirens going off

MALIK GASPS AWAKE TO the sounds of the police sirens going off. He looks down to see that a piece from the fence they crashed into it was stuck in his stomach. The vamp pulls it out while groaning. He then turns to the side where he sees Lizzie lying unconscious.

"Lizzie..." Malik kicks the passenger door off and runs to the driver's side where he scoops the blonde from out of the car. He focuses his hearing on her heartbeat— it was slow.

"Something's wrong. It feels like my mind is breaking." Lizzie breathes out. Her eyes turn pitch black.

Malik inhales sharply, his hearing locks on her heart which had been beating even slower. "I'm going to bring you to the hospital— I won't let anything happen to you," he tells her.

With her in his arms, he uses his vamp speed to rush the two both back to the Salvatore home they had been in. Once they arrived, Alaric seemed relieved yet concerned to see the state his daughter had been in.

"What did you do to her?" Alaric snarks, he seemed almost ready to take the boy down.

Malik shakes his head, he places her on the couch. "I didn't do anything to her. Mid ride back she just blanked out. Her eyes were- they were pitch black as if—"

"She was taken over by dark magic?" Josie Saltzman, now in her new look says. She walks into the room. Her hair was darker than usual. She had this tense unwelcoming feeling as she stared the boy down. "I guess I'll take the blame for that."

"What did you do..?"

"What I had to do to save us all."

There were so many questions that needed to be asked about Josie's new— everything. But all Malik could find himself doing was worrying for the Witch's safety.

"Fix her, please."

Josie tilts her head, she eyes her sister who had been crying out in pain. "I'll be unconscious for a little while." she looks at her father. "Don't be scared." she then places her hand on Lizzie, siphoning magic.

With that both the sisters let out a gasp for air and fall unconscious. Malik then looks back at Lizzie who still had blood oozing from her wound.

"We have to patch her up—" Malik leans towards her only to be stopped by Alaric who pushed him back. He looks at the man's hand questioningly. "Can we not do this right now?"

"I don't want you near her."

"Your daughter is bleeding on right now and I can't exactly heal her with vampire blood and take any chances." Malik snarks. "Aunt Elena has taught several different ways to patch up patients. I've got this."