T H I R T Y

"Who are you working for?" Santiago inquired, a curious expression on his face

I put on a befuddled expression. "For whom am I working? What exactly are you referring to? Right now, I'm completely lost. Come on, I thought we had a thing going on."

He laughed as if he were embarrassed. He combed his hair with his fingers. "Please accept my apologies. I believe I'm overreacting. Shall we make love?"

I made a small grin on my face. He then buried his face in my neck and started kissing it. I pretended to moaned and reached for the gun Manny had given me. Manny interrupted my and Santiago's situation by speaking into the earbud before I could reach for it.

"Rubi has the cash, so go ahead and take him out." Manny stated.

My heart sank because I wasn't expecting Manny to speak into the earbud so soon. Santiago moved away from my neck and stared at me, mystified. I began giggling to play it off, and I began attempting to remove his shirt. He slapped my hand and continued to stare at me with the same mystified expression on his face

"Can you tell me what that noise was? With a puzzled expression on his face, he inquired.

I had the same perplexed expression on my face as he did. "Can you tell me what you're talking about? Have you consumed a little too much alcohol?"

He shifted his gaze to the side and began laughing before returning his gaze to me. "Do you really believe I'm stupid? A voice came from your ear, and I just heard it."

I'm still wearing the same irritated expression on my face. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought you and I were supposed to get to business, but it appears that someone is inebriated."

His grin morphed into an angry expression. He then grabbed my arm. "Don't play that bullshit on me. I'm not inebriated. You know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. Now, before things get ugly, tell me what the noise was?"

I got out of bed and pretended to leave by standing up on the floor. "I see you're going insane, and I also see that I need to leave."

He got out of bed, walked up to the door, and locked it. He then looked me in the eyes with the same look of disgust on his face. "You know I'm not insane, bitch. Tell me what that noise was before I slap the shit out of you."

I laughed hysterically. "I already told you. I'm not sure what you're on about. Are you sure you didn't drink too much?"

He snatched my neck and jerked my head to the side. He looked into my ear and yanked the earbud out. He then pushed me away from him and began to examine the earbud. He looked at me with a surprised and angry expression on his face.

He approached me and pulled my hair. "Who the fuck are you working for?! Tell me right now!"

I started reaching for my gun slowly. "As I previously stated, I have no idea what you're talking about."