Chapter 128: Planting Flowers

Zhu Yue didn't dare to voice the subsequent words, and even more so did she not dare to let Fu Li hear it. Fu Li had been by their side since birth and was the child they had personally brought up. From young, he had been taught to adore this world and to respect Heaven and Earth; his personality could not be any kinder.

Divinations of his fate had stated that his birth was in keeping with heavenly law, his eventual death would take place amidst a chaotic world, and that he was destined to be lonely and grim all his life. As the Vermilion Bird, one of the divine beasts of the four directions of Heaven and Earth, Zhu Yue was unable to sincerely proclaim this divination as entirely false, no matter how much she wanted to. But she could not accept it. Fu Li had been raised so well by them and was so obedient, how could he become a fiend that would thrust the world into chaos? Was heavenly law seriously that blind?

"Sister Zhu Yue?" Standing along the corridor, Fu Li stared blankly at Zhu Yue, whose sword was pointing at Kang Gu. The King and Sister Zhu Yue hadn't met for two thousand years but fought upon meeting, how contradictory was that?

Seeing that Fu Li had come down, Zhu Yue kept her sword. With a wave of her sleeves, everything in the house returned to its original state. "Nothing, I was playing around with this old pig to see if his cultivation had dropped during these few years."

"Oh," A smile stretched across Fu Li's face. "Did you come to participate in mine and Zhuang little dragon's Dao Bonding Ceremony after receiving news from the King?" Fu Li quickly made his way downstairs, happiness palpable on his face.

Zhuang Qing followed behind him, silently watching Zhu Yue. Fu Li was close to these elders and doubting what they said was a difficult matter for him, which was why he couldn't tell that the atmosphere between Zhu Yue and Kang Gu wasn't very normal. But Zhuang Qing had lived alone for 1900 years and was more sensitive to emotions than Fu Li. He feared that the great yao Zhu Yue had not come to participate in his and Fu Li's Dao Bonding Ceremony.

"I'm not..." Zhu Yue suddenly stopped speaking midway through her statement as she stared at Fu Li, who had already come near. How did that golden glow of virtue and purple qi on him come about? Her fingers curled up in divination, her expression seemingly delighted yet sorrowful. A long while later, she turned to look at Zhuang Qing, who was standing on the last step of the staircase. The last time she saw Zhuang Qing at the golden dragon palace, the purple qi and golden glow of virtue on him hadn't been this thick. Now that she was seeing him again, he was much stronger than before, and his entire person seemed to give off the nine words 'anyone who touches me will be out of luck'.

"Yup, I rushed over from the sea after receiving Kang Gu's message," Zhu Yue smiled as she corrected her tone. "You will be a yao with a family in the future, you must cultivate well and not slack off like in the past."

Fu Li scratched his head smilingly. Zhu Yue took out gifts from her Qiankun pouch and stuffed them into the arms of the two juniors before heading to the other rooms in search of the Xing Xing and Baize. The Xing Xing and Baize had steady personalities, and were not too surprised upon seeing Zhu Yue. Only after erecting a soundproofing barrier in the room did the Baize say, "Finally willing to come back after spending enough time at sea?"

"Was it the two of you who came up with the idea of Little Li and Zhuang Qing becoming Dao Companions?" Zhu Yue sat on the windowsill, watching Zhuang Qing and Fu Li crouch and plant flowers in the tiny flower garden. "It was truly beyond my expectations that Little Li's chance at survival would be right under our noses."

"The two little juniors already had feelings for each other, we didn't come up with any idea," The Baize's gaze followed Zhu Yue's line of sight. Fu Li had just picked a flower and was placing it on Zhuang Qing's head while Zhuang Qing directed a helpless yet indulging gaze at him. Their relationship couldn't be any better.