Chapter 130: Time of Evil Encounters

At the entrance to the human Disease Prevention Branch, two men wearing black jackets were squatting on the ground. The occasional car that passed by them would spray their faces with exhaust.

Wiping his face, the man who was as plump as a ball said with resentment, "The air is turbid, spiritual qi is sparse, and metal boxes run amuck on all streets – how did the human world become like this?"

"King, this must be the work of those silly humans," The slightly plump man said unhesitatingly. "This must be their plot." He just made this statement when a sprinkler truck passed by, nearly wetting his shoes. The slightly plump man pulled his feet backwards, his gaze fixed on the sprinkler truck that had driven off without a thought for those behind. For a good while, he couldn't say anything.

"I don't want to have an injection!"

"Wooo!"

The two people watched an adult carry a human child whose cries could shake the Heavens through the main doors. Both men simultaneously directed reverent gazes at the building behind the doors. What sort of godly force was inside that could strike such fear in the hearts of children yet render them immune to all diseases once they came out?

"King, are we going to go in?" The slightly plump man had a grave expression. "The humans' secret weapon must be inside."

"Yes. If there really is one, we'll snatch their secret weapon," The man who was as plump as a ball stood up and patted the dust on his body before waving a hand towards the main door. "Fei, walk in front."

The slightly plump man called Fei hesitated. "King, I..."

"Cut the bullsh*t, get in!" The man who was plump as a ball kicked Fei in with a single leg. Only when Fei stood up straight without being subjected to any attacks did he straighten his collar and stride through the main doors with his feet splayed outwards.

The guard who had been surveying them for a very long time picked up his phone and dialed the police after they walked through the doors of the Disease Prevention Branch. These two men spoke in a very bizarre manner and even occasionally watched the children passing by the road. He suspected that they were child traffickers.

"King Hundun..."

"Shut your trap," The plump as a ball man named Hundun interrupted Fei. "Quick, get over there and take a look." He pointed to a corridor where all manner of sobs sounded. The children were shouting themselves hoarse, their shrieks unceasing. From time to time, the bellows of adults could be heard.

"The humans... can't be killing children or experimenting on living people, right?" Fei swallowed. No matter how ruthless their yao clans were, they still very rarely laid hands on children. It seemed like humans were even more ruthless than yao.

Just as they thought this, a seven or eight year old child suddenly charged out of the corridor. Half the child's arm was bare, and multiple adults were hot on the child's heels. Shrieks, angry curses, and sobs rose and fell in succession.

"I don't want to get an injection!"

"Not allowed, you have to. I'll beat you to death at home if you don't," Reality proved that adult men had greater combat ability. The child that escaped with much difficulty was hauled up by an adult man. With a face full of anger, the man brought the child sobbing in despair back to the room saturated with cries of fear.

Even more terrifying was the fact that the surrounding adults all wore cheerful smiles, as if this was an extremely interesting affair.

W-What horrifying degree had humans evolved to?