19

Tohru followed Yuki downstairs.

Sure enough, there was Akito standing in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed across his chest.

Shigure was standing right behind him with Kureno.

Kyo was leaning against the wall awkwardly, looking obviously uncomfortable.

"Oh, hello Tohru," said Akito with a hollow-looking smile.

"H-hello, Akito-san," she said with a quivering voice.

"I was just about to head back, but Akito insisted on coming along," said Shigure.

At this very moment, Shigure could feel something dangerous radiating off of Yuki and Kyo. They were both sending him glares that could kill.

Shigure knew they didn't exactly like Akito, but why were they so mad?

"Anyway, what's your reason for coming here?" asked Yuki.

"I'm glad you asked," said Akito as Kureno brought out a small, dark, wooden box.

He handed it over to Akito and he took it. He opened it up, revealing a bracelet with polished, wooden beads with a read red string penetrating each and every one of them, holding them all together.

"Isn't this Y/n's bracelet? Why are you giving this to us?"

"Yuki, Yuki, Yuki. This was never Y/n's bracelet to begin with. Remember? That wench stole what was rightfully mine and gave it to her." Akito scooped the bracelet out with his fingers. He then handed it to Yuki. "Here. It's my present to you."

Yuki stared at the bracelet in Akito's hand. "I can't accept that and I won't."

"Why not?" asked Akito with his smile slowly disappearing.

"That's not something a zodiac would need anyway. Something precious like that should be kept safe or be given to someone who would use it to its full potential."

"Are you implying that I give it to Tohru instead?"

"What? That's not what I said."

"Oh, I see where this is going. You want me to give it back to Y/n! It's always that bitch."

"That's not what I said either," said Yuki, confused as to why Akito was getting worked up over.

"Akito, calm down," said Kureno, trying to comfort him.

"Let go of me!" he said as he slapped his hand away.

"All the zodiacs are supposed to obey me. I'm their one and only god!" Akito was glaring at Yuki.

"Akito-san, please listen-" Tohru was cut off by Akito.

"I know she's here," said Akito.

Yuki's heart dropped. How did he know?

He then remembered something very crucial. He looked over at Y/n's shoes at the door.

Akito walked past Yuki and up the stairs. Everyone trailed after Akito.

"What the hell do we do? He's gonna find her," whispered Kyo.

Yuki was so preoccupied that he didn't even hear him.

"Hey, are you ignoring me?"

"Can you just shut up for one sec?"

Kyo was about to say something, but he was interrupted by the loud noise of Akito slamming open Yuki's door.

Akito looked around Yuki's room. He even checked the inside of the closet and underneath the bed.

He then went to Kyo's room and did the same thing.

"Hey, watch it! I just cleaned my room!" said Kyo as Akito went through his closet.

He then went to Tohru's room. Right before he could grab the doorknob, Yuki grabbed it first.

"Let go," said Akito with a firm voice.

Yuki squeezed the metal knob with his hand.

Then, Tohru stepped in between Akito and Yuki.

"Why do you always have to get in my way? Move!" Akito pushed Tohru to the ground.

Kyo immediately ran to her side and knelt down. "Tohru! You hurt?" Kyo glared up at Akito. "What the hell was that for?"

Akito glowered down at him.

"Stay out of this," he turned to Yuki and pulled his hand off the knob. He let it fall to his side, letting it dangle. "In the end, you're still connected to me through this curse," he whispered as he opened the door.

He looked inside and scanned the room. You were nowhere to be found.

Akito opened the closet to check if you were there, but all he found were Tohru's clothes.

He pushed the clothes around to see if you were hiding between them.

Akito then crouched down on the ground with his hands and knees to take a look under the bed.

Nothing.

Akito stood up, dumbfounded. He was absolutely sure you'd be in here.

He looked over at the others who were just as confused.

Where in the world did you go?