Chapter 22

It was two and a half years later since I met with Hagoromo, listening to a certain request of his. But none the less, after messing with him and giving him more grey hairs, I listened to his plea for assistance.

Thankfully, he didn't repeat his mistake like he did with me but request that I help him at one point in time in the future which I accepted, only if his request of his was reasonable. Though I did request that he unblock my family name, but the stubborn man profusely refused, stating that it would make me want to kill him... not like I could since he's already dead but anything's possible.

At the moment I am heading home... yes, I am heading back to the Hidden Leaf. To pay my respects to Hiruzen, who I should have come back sooner to pay my respect for. Even if he was a brat most of the time, I knew he only did it out of good will. To protect the village which he loves.

As I approached the gate of the village I had not seen for so long, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and grinned.

"I wonder how Naruto and Sasuke are?" I thought aloud as I passed the two sleeping gate keepers. Things never change.

I walked in the village, cloak on and walking silently. Blending in with my surroundings.

"I'm home everyone! Naruto Uzumaki has returned to the Hidden Leaf village!" I heard, over the voices of the crowd in the market. I chuckled, almost breaking out in laughs at the coincidence of the timing of our return. Perhaps I should say my greetings... I really hope Jiraiya hasn't turned my son into a horrific pervert like him. Dang, I really should've thought that through. Though Sasuke and Orochimaru... what have I done?

I internally shrugged, it's too late anyways. No point regretting it now that the damage has been done.

Once I close my thoughts, I walk to where I felt my sunshine of a grandson was and smiled as I imaged what he would look like now that he was older.

"I mean come on Konohamaru is that all you got?! Now step aside and get a load of my brand new pervy ninjutsu!" I heard my son proclaim, and I only sighed. I knew it, that pervy brat of a Sannin corrupted my grandson. "Here we go!!!"

"Are you kidding me?!" I heard a slam and was met with a sight of Naruto flying my direction head on. I stepped aside and let him continue his course, which his pink hair teammate had sent him on. Watching as he crashed, creating a mini-crater as he landed, with the mini-Tsunade stomping her way towards him with tick marks covering her face.

Then I watched her pull him out from the ground by the leg and then grab onto his collar, only to start shaking and lecturing him. With the genin becoming paler by the second. I was interrupted from the show when a hand went onto my shoulder, and I turned around to see Jiraiya standing there with a smug grin.

"Hello Grams, it's been a while."

"Indeed it has... I do hope I didn't make the wrong decision when I trusted you to train Naruto." I sighed once more while the Toad Sannin laughed.

"Well it can't be too bad right?"

"I suppose so, I did trust that snake to train my grandson. So you training Naruto isn't the worse thing I've done."

"You did what?"

"Pulled in a favor from the reptilian brat, that's all." I scoffed. "So how did Naruto's training go?"

"Well let's say that he's good enough." But he soon grew a tick mark. "But he's denser than a rock. He doesn't understand good literature."

"Oh?" I looked at him, smiling. But we both knew the meaning behind the expression. "What kind of literature?"

"Well would you look at the time, we really got to be heading to Tsunade to give our report on his progress over the past few years." Jiraiya squeaked, sweating more than Hagoromo was when he thought I was holding a grudge against him.

"Well I'm sure she'll understand, considering it's me we're talking about." I gripped his shoulder, preventing him from leaving. "So...what kind of literature have you exposed my grandson to brat."

"Uh... sorry?" My smile only widened as I brought out Benihime.

"Prepare for your funeral." A scream could be heard in the village that day as the Legendary Sannin begged for mercy.