Chapter 12 - Date

Eliana Pov
I glanced at my clock again, for about the fifth time in about ten minutes.

I huffed getting up from the barstool, I started pacing around the kitchen not knowing what to do for the next two hours.

I was going on a date with Ryan Mark...
He said he missed me, to be honest I missed him too. I haven't seen the guy in about six months.

When he moved back to California, Clara and I lost all contact with him for about two months. Until about three months ago when he reached out to me , apparently there'd been a lot going on with him. I still don't know what happened.

But at least he's back in New York, and now maybe we have the chance...now there might be a chance at 'us'.

Ryan and I had been on and off for months. One moment we were kissing and then one moment we were just friends. He had been so hot and cold with me at a stage. And I couldn't take it anymore so I told him my feelings, and we haven't ever been on a date until, well now.

When he moved I kind of just buried my feelings away, but now he's asked me out, so I'm hoping this goes great. I'm hoping this is my chance at the 'us' I've been waiting for, for so long.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Clara laugh, "You've been standing there for about five minutes staring at the wall, you haven't even blinked." Clara adjusted her handbag to make it comfortable, she was wearing a purple crewneck and a dark wash ripped jeans...she was going out.

"Where are you going?" I asked looking at her with a wide glare.

"Out. With Roman." Clara smiled at me digging in her bag for something.

"Clara but I need help with tonight- You can't leave me he-"

"Do you really think I'd do that to you?" she laughed, "I've left the perfect outfit on the bed for you, and use that hair claw thingy for your hair okay? Let your bangs fall out in front of your face to frame it, and wear minimal makeup, maybe some pink lipgloss though." she shrugged at me walking to the door.

"Oh my God! Thank you. Literally." I breathed out in relief. This is why she was my best friend, she was always here helping me with things, and I appreciated it so much.

"Always. Okay I'm running late, I don't know if I'll be back by the time you're done, but enjoy." she winked at me playing moving her shoulders up and down in a dancing manner. "Love ya." and with that I was left alone.

I decided to put on Friends to waste some time, since there was literally nothing to do. Like when I say nothing I mean it, I had showered, washed my hair and cleaned my room, but still there was a lot of time.

After a while it was time to get ready, I walked to my room looking at the outfit Clara left on the bed for me. Black ripped jeans, a pink crop top, a jacket and my shoes.

"I love you Clara." I spoke to the air. I quickly got dressed, putting on some jewellery, my rings of course. And then did my hair and makeup as Clara told me to. And of course she was right, I looked great. Well good enough for a Movie date.

I glanced at my clock and almost squealed like a little girl.

Ten more minutes.

I took out my phone and decided to message Clara thanking her. She replied instantly with: "I know I'm just the best ;)"

I rolled my eyes at her and went to go sit on the couch, five more minutes.

After a few minutes I heard a knock at my door, he was here. Excitement rushed through me as I walked to the door and gathered all my things before opening it.