Chapter 131: Worship of Ten Thousand Yao

At the flying palace, the Baize and Xing Xing were attaching the last patterned mark to a ceremonial robe. Upon success, the ceremonial robe emanated a faint golden glow unparalleled in its purity and holiness.

"Are the flower patterns on top too bland?" Kang Gu circled the two sets of celebratory clothes. He looked them up and down, but still found certain things displeasing. "These are the clothes Little Li and Little Zhuang will don on their big day, it's still not resplendent enough. As the host of the wedding, I think their clothes should enable all the guests to focus their attention on them."

"You might as well let them carry light bulbs. After the electricity is connected, they'll be brighter than anyone else," Feng Ruizhong rolled his eyes at the sky. "Don't you think you have a tacky sense of aesthetics?"

"So what if it's tacky? Don't the humans also like wearing gold on their hands and necks when organizing weddings? Is there anyone who calls them tacky? The way I see it, each and every one of those humans are very envious," There was a hint of regret and listlessness in Kang Gu's tone of voice. "Although we're no longer as well-off as we were in the past, the Dao Bonding Ceremony is the most important moment in a yao's life. We can't wrong the two children."

"Old pig, I understand your way of thinking, but the current era is different. The young yao have a different sense of aesthetics from us. Whether you say something is good-looking or bad-looking doesn't matter, we have to seek Little Li and Little Zhuang's opinions," The Baize's hands were cupped around a teacup, the item most welcomed by middle-aged humans. There was an infusion of fresh flowers and fruits inside, because it was said to promote good health.

The Baize had recently developed a great interest in human recuperative programs. Day after day, he arranged for the meal room attendants to make nourishing dishes. Unfortunately, no one except for him had any interest in the food, and thus his 'plan for good health' was also shelved.

Zhu Yue was holding a whetstone and sharpening her sword at the side. Occasionally, she would even spit two mouthfuls of fire towards the sword, inciting repeated cries of alarm from Feng Ruizhong, who was worried that the fire she spat out would burn the celebratory clothes.

"If the celebratory clothes you made can even be burnt by fire, then what use are they?" Zhu Yue slid her sword back into its sheath, exuding the aura of a female emperor. "You guys..."

She paused, and the expressions of the other auspicious beasts in the room all turned grave. Beyond the mountain, the sky dyed red from the setting sun had been engulfed by gloomy black clouds. The sky dimmed bit by bit.

"A summoning formation..." Zhu Yue tossed the sword in her hands aside. The windows swung open with a wave of her hand, the fierce wind at the mountain top sending her hair fluttering in the breeze. What was scary wasn't the wind, but the chaotic spiritual qi in it.

Heaven and Earth had Five Elements. Both the human and yao cultivators drew on Heaven and Earth's Five Elements in order to use magic. But at this moment, the Five Elements were in a state of chaos, just like... someone had drawn on Heaven and Earth's Five Elements to summon something.

Someone capable of drawing on the Five Elements and setting up a summoning formation ought to be an... auspicious beast.

"Baize?" Zhu Yue attempted to do a divination, but with the Five Elements in disorder, she couldn't make out anything. Left with no choice, she turned to look at the Baize. The Baize's complexion was even uglier than Zhu Yue. He slowly shook his head. "I can't divine it."

Zhu Yue took a deep breath. "Little Li still hasn't come back?"

"I'll go find him." The Baize put down his teacup, telling the rest with a solemn expression, "Wait here, if something happens..."