Chapter 137: Extra: Dao Bonding Ceremony (2)

"It's the lucky hour!"

The exclamation seemed to have come from the clouds. Exquisite music sounded outside the windows. A long red carpet extended from the gates of the flying palace to the inner palace. Outside the palace, the six dragon clans of different colors simultaneously soared into the sky rife with flashes of auspicious clouds.

The cry of a Feng suddenly streaked across the sky. Birds too many to count flew over from all directions and broke into song and dance midair, the sight so beautiful it was akin to paradise.

"Hundred Birds Worshipping the Fenghuang!"

A multi-colored Fenghuang took to the air, as beautiful as a miracle. All the guests forgot the time and forgot who they were. All they could do was gaze at the sky in a daze and stare at the Fenghuang whom countless birds acknowledged allegiance to.

As Zhuang Qing walked down the red carpet, he looked up at the miraculous sight in the sky and took hold of Fu Li's hand. "The real Hundred Birds Worshipping the Fenghuang is really very beautiful." At the birthday banquet of Qing Xiao Sect's sect leader, the peacock spirit's performance of this dance had taken the breaths of innumerable cultivators away. However, when the real Hundred Birds Worshipping the Fenghuang appeared, everyone realized that no word of beauty was sufficient to describe this scene.

"Daojuns, please enter the first door."

Flower yao clothed in red carried baskets and sprinkled flower petals in the air ceaselessly, immersing the entire flying palace in a rain of flowers. The Baize stood at a door. Seeing Fu Li and Zhuang Qing make their way over, his face revealed a gentle smile, and he tapped their foreheads once.

The Baize's blessing.

"Elder Baize..." Fu Li touched the center of his forehead, smiling brightly at the Baize.

"Go on in," The Baize withdrew his smile and took a step back, allowing the two newlyweds to pass through the door.

Zhuang Qing and Fu Li directed a junior's bow at the Baize before making their way in, hand-in-hand.

Fu Li could vaguely hear the sound of the Baize's laughter. Unable to hold himself back, Fu Li was about to turn around when he heard the Baize's voice beside his ear.

"Go on in, don't look back."

Fu Li pursed his lips, laughing lightly. Zhuang Qing leaned his head over, speaking into his ear, "You're smiling a bit foolishly."

"You're more foolish than me," Fu Li sneakily took out a mirror and placed it in front of Zhuang Qing. "Look, aren't you more foolish?"

Zhuang Qing didn't smile much usually, but the smile on his face hadn't disappeared even once today, and there were hints of red on his fair cheeks. He did have the air of a rich family's foolish son.

Looking at the him in the mirror, Zhuang Qing suddenly had a thought. So this was his expression the entire time today? Fixing his gaze on the mirror, he saw the Baize at the side of the door, smiling with an exceedingly kindly gaze as he looked at them.

Two years ago, after that incident, Zhuang Qing had ill-feelings towards Fu Li's elders. Because when Fu Li met with this mishap, they were too calm, so calm that Zhuang Qing found it unacceptable.

To these auspicious beats, despite Heaven and Earth's creatures being more important, they still loved Fu Li very much. Even then, Zhuang Qing still found it difficult to release the tension in his heart. But on this day, when he saw the Baize's gaze brimming with insuppressible affection, that little bit of ill-feeling in Zhuang Qing's heart vanished without a trace.