Stanley's Story

Stanley used a large knife to chop green apples and placed the slices meticulously on a crystal serving tray. His attention was averted when his wife let out a loud groan. He looked up and pressed his glasses higher up on his nose using his index finger. "What's wrong?"

She held up the red stilettos she had just removed. "These shoes hurt. The cool tile feels like heaven on my aching feet."

"Why do you wear such impractical shoes?"

She shrugged as she walked the heels to a shoe rack near the garage door. "They make my calves look good."

Stanley noticed a few spots of juice from the apple had splattered onto the white marble countertop. He picked up a spray bottle and the chemical infused lemon scent circulated in the air as he saturated the counter. With a microfiber cloth, he buffed the counter until he could see a reflection.

The microwave beeped. "Megan. Can you get the caramel sauce, please?"

Megan pulled her long dark hair up into a messy bun as she walked over to the microwave built into the wall. "Sure." Steam rose from the bowl. "Ouch!"

"Are you okay?"

She shook her finger. "The bowl is hot."

He looked her up and down. A short form-fitting dress hugged her curves perfectly. "Not as hot as you."

She stuck out her butt and looked back at him. "You like what you see? I've been doing a new workout with my personal trainer. It's supposed to make my ass bigger."

"Very much so."

Megan bit her ruby red lip that matched the fabric of her dress perfectly. "I'm not wearing any panties."

He let out a low growl and walked over to her. She squealed as he lifted her onto the counter. Stanley ran his hand over the smooth shiny skin on her leg. He could tell by the way it felt she had recently had a wax. Both of their chests heaved as the electricity between them escalated. She reached for his belt buckle.

His phone rang.

"Don't you dare," She warned.

"Sorry. It's work." Stanley answered the call.

Her nostril flared. "Are you kidding me?"

He held up his hand in an attempt to quiet her while he spoke to a man on the other end of the line. "Yeah. I have the file. I can fax it over right now."

Megan pushed his hand out of her face. "I swear you spent more time with me when I was one of your patients than you do now that I'm your wife! What do I have to do to get some attention? Have a psychotic breakdown?"

"I'm sorry I will have to call you back." He hung up the phone. "That was an important call."

"That's what you always say."

"I'm a psychologist. You know I'm always on call and a majority of them are important."

She glared up at him from under her fake eyelashes. "I don't care. What do I have to do to get you to fuck me! Are you not attracted to me anymore? Is that what this is? Are you fucking another one of your patients?"

"Honey, stop. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Not just on the outside, but on the inside as well." He slid a hand between her legs and she gulped.

The phone rang again. He sucked his teeth. "I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me, but I have to take this."

She picked up a wine glass sitting on the counter and threw it across the kitchen. It exploded against the wall sending red wine all over. Her scream pierced Stanley's ears. "I FUCKING HATE YOU!" She ripped the phone from his hand and took off into the living room.

He chased after her. "Stop! What are you doing?! That's my phone!"

She waved it over the fish tank. "I hope it's waterproof."

Before she could drop it, he tackled her onto a nearby sofa. Megan thrashed around and screamed. "YOU DUMB FUCK! GET OFF ME!" She smacked him and his glasses flew onto the plush carpet.

He placed a hand on her neck and shouted back at her. "Is this what you want?! Huh!"

Megan blinked slowly and smiled. "Yes."

Stanley let her go. "I'm so sorry. I didn't hurt you, did I?"

She rubbed her throat. "Don't be sorry. It's the most passion I've seen from you in a long time."

He sighed and took his phone from her. "I promise I will make a few calls and then you will have my undivided attention. Ten minutes I swear."

She crossed her arms and pouted. "Fine. I'll give you ten minutes and then you are going to watch that documentary with me."

"What documentary?"

"Family of Darkness. It's a ten-year anniversary special of when the cops found Bo Neilson's secret lair."

"Remind me again why they call it Family of Darkness?"

"Because he had two sons. One grew up to be a serial killer too. Gunther Jackson. And the other Milo Jackson was a petty criminal and killed his girlfriend when he gave her drugs."

"I will never understand why you love those morbid documentaries."

She sat up on her knees and grabbed his tie. "You know, they never caught Gunther Jackson. He's probably still out there kidnapping hot brunettes." Megan ran her fingers down her neck and between her breasts. She slowly batted her eyes. "I bet if he saw me on the streets he would kidnap me and do horrible things to my body. Defile me in ways God never intended." She bit her lip. "Would you like that? For him to take me away so I wouldn't bother you anymore?"

"You don't bother me."

"Do you want to defile me, Stanley. Let's role play? I'm an innocent victim and you're a big bad man." She forced his hand on her neck. "You want to hurt me and make me your sex slave? I can be really naughty or really good depending on what you make me do."

"Let me just clean up the mess in the kitchen. Make a few calls. Then we can play."

"Really? Now you are worried about the mess?" She fell back onto her butt and slouched. "I don't get it. Men would kill for five minutes with me. You have me for life and you don't seem to care."

"I do. Ten minutes. Just ten minutes and then I will do whatever you want me to do."

She held up her finger. "I swear, if you don't come back in ten minutes I'm leaving and going to find Gunther! Someone that can appreciate how hot I am."

He smiled. "Okay, Okay. Ten minutes and then we will watch the documentary or do whatever sexually deviant things that cross your mind. Cross my heart and hope to die."

After Stanley finished cleaning up broken shards of glass and blotted up wine, he walked into his study and locked the door behind him. A photo of him and his wife on their wedding day hung on the wall. He examined the photo. She looked so happy. Nobody would have suspected she was screaming and throwing tantrums moments before she walked down the aisle. But that was just Megan. She wasn't a horrible person. She just had a lot of emotions. He knew that before he married her. He was no stranger to dealing with an erratic woman. His late mother also had a bad temper.

Stanley knelt down and removed a number of books from the shelf. There was a safe hidden behind them. He pulled out a box encased in soft velvet. He opened it and light flinted off a diamond bracelet. He always kept expensive jewelry in the safe, for occasions when he said the wrong thing and got on her bad side. Which was, most of the time. Megan loved expensive things.

He set the jewelry box aside and reached back into the safe. Stanley pulled out an old beat up bookbag and unzipped it. Inside were small ziplock bags, each containing a strand of dark long hair, held together by red string. He breathed in and smiled. "Ah, my brunettes."

The End... Or is it?

Family of Darkness 2 coming in 2022.